Heatsink won't fit

B1gf3lla

Commendable
May 21, 2016
Hi
I recently bought a id cooling se-902x cpu cooling unit to upgrade from the stock unit but it won't fit, it's almost like the transfer plate is too far down close to the cpu

What I'm running:
Motherboard is an ASROCK z77 extreme4
Cpu is a core i5
The cpu cooler is a id cooling se-902x

It came with a special mounting ring wich I mounted in the correct holes, checked it was compatible with my board & cpu type but it seems like it would take far too much pressure to lock the clips down on each side & i don't want to damage my board

Any response would be great!

Solution
too much pressure is safe as long as it's tolerable.

my aftermarket cooler pressing the cpu very hard, but its safe and it not crack or damage my mobo. It was an AMD heatsink, but it came with an compatibility socket ring to use it on my LGA 775 platform.

Try to be patient and calm when installling it. Don't forget to apply thermal compound first for maximum cooling capability! :D
too much pressure is safe as long as it's tolerable.

my aftermarket cooler pressing the cpu very hard, but its safe and it not crack or damage my mobo. It was an AMD heatsink, but it came with an compatibility socket ring to use it on my LGA 775 platform.

Try to be patient and calm when installling it. Don't forget to apply thermal compound first for maximum cooling capability! :D

Solution