Question Helium Mining?

nxindy89

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2014
I can buy 15 Nebra Outdoor Hotspots for cash tomorrow, in hand, sealed in the box. They are over a year old and have never been installed. I live in a semi-rural area and have a lot of connections for installs.
What should I do?
  1. Offer him $399 each and turn them over on eBay for $600?
  2. Buy 3 or 4 for cheap, install them and see what happens.
  3. Walk away.

nxindy89

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2014
I did a couple days of research. The Nebra aren't the optimum earner in the field. Apparently lots of trouble with the company as well, support is bad. They're being scalped on eBay for about a grand each. I don't believe they are worth that, though they are hard to get right now. Failures, firmware issues, etc. A guy I know has the lot. They are legit and not a crook. An employee convinced him to buy them, they put two up and the guy was fired. Now they don't really know what to do with the rest of them. So if I could get them cheap enough to sell on ebay for maybe $600 they would sell compared to the 900-1000 they are listed for. There are nine erected in my small town, none in my hex. The ones that are up have made from 5-8 $HNT to date this year! That's not much, but I don't think some of them know what they are doing. Low elevations, weak antennae. I could do better I'm sure. I'd like to pay $400 or less for them. Maybe buy a few to start and put one up. If it's lame then sell the rest. Just wanting opinions. I just don't want to tie the money up for 2 years if that's how it's gonna be.