News Helldivers 2 PC gamers will need a PlayStation Network account to continue playing — Sony doesn't care if players don’t own a PlayStation console

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

TheHerald

Upstanding
Feb 15, 2024
All of the following companies sell games with mandatory third party accounts, some are all games and some just multiplayer:
Ubisoft
EA
Activision
Microsoft
Rockstar
Bethesda
Blizzard

Now you may not play many games from big publishers but it is prevalent.
Some of those accounts give you benefits. EPIC had some crazy offers (5$ AAA games) and free games. Microsoft connects your PCs (and business software). Blizzard (like WOW) predated steam anyways

A PSN account gives 0 benefits to the end user. I don't feel okay spending a single second doing something that only benefits Sony and not me, especially when I have already paid fully for a product. Sony is trying to turn me into the product. Thanks, no.

they did mention it in past once i think.

yes and again a fraction of games combined. AAA isn't only games made.

it was a req prior to becoming viral (so that doesnt matter)
and shareholders wouldnt care as juts having a PSN acct means nothing to them. (a bot could literally make throw away PSN if that mattered)

Sony just wants to get their foot into PC market.

i'd argue most of them don't even know Sony is the publisher :|

and theres other big titled games that they do that are on PC.
The last of us
GoW
HZD
Marvels Spiderman
sackboy
and ofc the 1st HD's.

Given they have already disabled sales of HD2 in places w/o PSN they already chosen their end choice.
https://steamdb.info/sub/137730/history/?changeid=23416542

(edit: also its not like I don't WANT them to change but Its sony and they have a history of not caring)
Well I guess Sony read our conversation and decided to play it smart!

TRENDING THREADS