Hellgate Open Beta Launches Next Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

sliem

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
[citation][nom]TheProfosist[/nom]Cant wait to open the Gate of Hell[/citation]

Don't worry, it will open itself at 12/21/2012.

Anyway, I've never heard about this game...

bonezy

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
[citation][nom]Trialsking[/nom]Is this the same Hellgate London from like 3 yrs ago, that total sucked or is this a different one?[/citation]

Same franchise, looks like a reboot of sorts. I'm downloading the client right now. I was initially hyped by the trailer in '07, but so-so reviews made me forget about the game, until now.

4745454b

Titan
I argue that this is a better game because the first game was buggy and you had to pay for it. This one is free, so it doesn't matter if its buggy or not. Seeing as its free I'll be checking it out. If I like it I'll play it, if not oh well.

[citation][nom]im_caius[/nom]WOW. The interface is exactly like WoW..[/citation]
Should be, the original design team are a split off from blizzard(Diablo II team I think). Hell I do not even think any of the WoW designers are left on the Wow project.

G

It looks (IMO) no different than when it was made what...4 or 5 years ago now? I can't quite remember...i mean graphics to me look early xbox 360 or Burning Crusade WoW graphics...Hopefully the game play and the controls are not as horrid as SW: Galaxies was (oh god that nightmare...)

psychshaman

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2011
The game is a lot of fun, so happy they are bringing it back. This game plays like a dungeon crawler in that you get surrounded and hack your way through killing normal enemies with ease. It was incredibly buggy when it was released, but the concept, artwork, and gameplay kept me interested. This game has been up and running in other territories, so hopefully we will have a solid build when it's re-released.

zblade

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2011
Does not look exactly like WOW... It looks exactly like Diablo. That is because the same team who made Diablo made this game.

I'm confused--why are the graphics so terrible? There must be some stuff I'm missing about this game, but I really do think they should explain why I'd be interested. It could be a good opportunity to gain interest of people who don't already know about this game.

zblade

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2011
[citation][nom]dalauder[/nom]I'm confused--why are the graphics so terrible? There must be some stuff I'm missing about this game, but I really do think they should explain why I'd be interested. It could be a good opportunity to gain interest of people who don't already know about this game.[/citation]

Because the game is about 3 years old and it was like 3 years in the making as well. But compare to most free 2 play games out there, it has better graphics.

G

Ok, I played it USA side from start to finish 3 years ago it was Buggy yes the graphics are terrible due to the fact this release is only direct X 9 The flag ship studio one from 3 years ago has a DirX 10 had very good graphics.

P.S.
Best loot system ever

G

guys i have a question (many i think) i was going on a net cafe and playing hellgate which i think it was offline becose i wasnt meet any1 else on gameplay (comment that plz) also on that off game there was a friend list button but idk it was give me the feeling somethink was wrong (that happen very long ago) also today i download the game on mine pc and when i launce the game it say "could not connect to authentication server" is somethink wrong with mine pc or? plz tell me becose mine mind stuck

guys i have a question (many i think) i was going on a net cafe and playing hellgate which i think it was offline becose i wasnt meet any1 else on gameplay (comment that plz) also on that off game there was a friend list button but idk it was give me the feeling somethink was wrong (that happen very long ago) also today i download the game on mine pc and when i launce the game it say "could not connect to authentication server" is somethink wrong with mine pc or? plz tell me becose mine mind stuck
Did you get the beta? or do you have the original Hellgate : London?

Hellgate : London is DEAD the servers are all offline and long gone.

When the new Hellgate(not london) launches, you can play it again. FOR FREE!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.