Hello all i have a problem with my AMD fx8320e cpu

Bubex

Prominent
Apr 22, 2017
Hello all i have a problem with my AMD fx8320e cpu i get bsod in windows and system halt errors on ubuntu linux when i have all 8 cpu cores active but when i change the setting in bios to use only 2 cpu cores ubuntu works just fine but windows still hangs i it started when i inserted a used audio card it started error messages while booting so i remove the audio card but i still get error messages i i changed the gpu card same error than i started a memtest all was fine updated the bios still error and bsod so that means my cpu cores are dying my cpu is 1year old

If it started after adding an old sound card (did it work?), then I'd presume the motherboard has been damaged. I've rarely seen a CPU list difference between the manufacturer and cpu-upgrade.com, but personally I'd rely on the manufacturer's list. I agree withn Ecky that CPUs rarely fail.

Bubex

Prominent
Apr 22, 2017
Well it kinda worked, the sound was coming from only the left side of the speakers.I installed the drivers on windows 8 and restarted. It started to show bsod then i tried to log in linux ubuntu it logged in but the sound worked on one side after restarting 2x more it started to show cpu error in linux ubuntu windows just showed bsod thanks for all the halp.

Bubex

Prominent
Apr 22, 2017
I dont have a mb to test the cpu. I tryed to install ubuntu again lest night and it showed an error saying failed by O.E.M / Asrock n68gs4 fx and alot of nubers snd somthing avout shuting down the cpu. Yes i removed the card.

It looks like the motherboard has failed. I suggested you test the CPU because, in your initial post, you seemed to believe it's the issue. Have you performed basic troubleshooting like using a single memory module, using the on-board GPU, etc.? In the end you'll probably need to buy another motherboard, but you could RMA your CPU if it still is under warranty; then you'll know for sure where the issue is.

Bubex

Prominent
Apr 22, 2017

I updated the bios to the latest version as soon as i bought the mb i did all of the things, changed the gpu ran on mb gpu took out one ram all the usual things the gpu is 2 years old the ram mb and cpu are about 1 year old and it al worked ok exept that i had manualy lower the cpu voltage so it wasn't overheating sadly i dont have another mb to test on it

Bubex

Prominent
Apr 22, 2017

Thanks for all the help. I will go to the local shop with the mb and cpu and let them test what is broken and by it. Thanks again for all the great help my friends. :)