Hello awesome community! I have a DVD with Component(r,b,g) connections and an old TV with Composite (r,w,y).

Turnpike30

Reputable
Feb 15, 2015
Hello awesome community! I have a DVD with Component(r,b,g) connections and an old TV with Composite (r,w,y). When I used composite cables to connect the two, I saw a large black rectangle in the middle of the picture. The rectangle disappeared when I toggled back and forth between TV input and DVD input. If I were to purchase a set of component cables (r,b,g) how would I match the composite (r,y,w) slots on my TV with the component (r,b,g) cable and would this get rid of the rectangle blocking the picture?

Solution
There is one here but you may not like the price,unfortunately they are quite expensive due to the electronics involved,it is not possible to do it with a simple cable.
http://

makkem

Distinguished
Hi
The composite r,y,w, is red for audio right,white for audio left and yellow for composite video.
The component r,b,g are all video signals.
So you cannot simply plug one into the other, you would need a component to composite converter unit.

Turnpike30

Reputable
Feb 15, 2015
Do you know where I can get one of these "convertor" cables. I searched around online but have not found a supplier yet.

Turnpike30

Reputable
Feb 15, 2015

Thank you! This is exactly what the doctor ordered!