Hello I am going to build Ultimate Gaming PC for 2017, Need best advice plz. :)

Sadi Stark

Commendable
Feb 12, 2017
Hi my dear friends :) I want to build Ultimate Gaming PC for new 2017, my budget is like $5100 USD :D .My monitor is confirmed it's Asus Rog Swift PG27UQ 144 Hz refresh rate 4K Ultra HD. It's not release yet but it's coming soon.The price of the monitor is currently unknown. It should amount to somewhere around $1200, however this is just assumption. And my SSD card will be Samsung 960 pro 512 GB for C: Drive storage and gaming. I think it's world fastest SSD card yet and it's most expensive than other too.

And now my most important questions part:

1) There is a new i7 8th 8700K come should I buy it?

2) There is a Gtx 1080 ti coming, should I buy it or wait for Gtx 2010 or 2010Ti to deal with my Asus Rog Swift PG27UQ 4K UH monitor?

3) And if I buy this 1080 ti with 32 GB DDR4 Ram how much it can last with very smoothly with all Ultra setting ? Can it last next 4 , 5 or 6 years? How much fps it can get easily next those years? And which Ram Should I buy, I think Corsair Dominator Platinum series DDR4 3333 MHz is most powerful ram yet , what you think? And should I buy like, (2x16)=32GB or Should I buy like, (4x8)=32GB and which one will be better and why? :)

4) I decided to buy new motherboard Asus Rog Maximus IX Hero Z270 LGA1151 DDR4 should I go for it? :)

5) Which PSU is the best, is that enough for my PC to buy Corsair 1000 watt?

6) And HDD 2T is enoug for me? Because for my 1080p HD Movies collection, music, wallpapers document, Games and others files? And HDD WD black edition should I go for it ? :)

I watch everyday tons of youtube videos and people's comments like tons of from Amazon, YouTube etc website . I am very confused to buy gaming PC .It's my dream guys, please give me a best advice what can I do? I am fighting with my parents for this gaming PC

Solution
1. First of all you really dont need an i7 for all the gaming there, and i5 is the best, i7 if you are doing very task intensive work which utilizes the hyperthreading and all, otherwise an high end i5 will last you a couple of good years

2.Well you are gonna go for the build now and when the 1080ti is out its really gonna be great on 4K gaming, the 1080 already performs great enough for 4K gaming, and if you need more performance just sli two 1080ti

3.Well maximum supported is 64 gb by the board, and if u fill it with 4x8gb then you cant upgrade in future, instead the 2x16gb would be best, so you can buy two more in the future for 64gb total

4.Thats a great ASUS motherboard, you should go for it, there are higher boards but this...

thomas123321

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2013
1. First of all you really dont need an i7 for all the gaming there, and i5 is the best, i7 if you are doing very task intensive work which utilizes the hyperthreading and all, otherwise an high end i5 will last you a couple of good years

2.Well you are gonna go for the build now and when the 1080ti is out its really gonna be great on 4K gaming, the 1080 already performs great enough for 4K gaming, and if you need more performance just sli two 1080ti

3.Well maximum supported is 64 gb by the board, and if u fill it with 4x8gb then you cant upgrade in future, instead the 2x16gb would be best, so you can buy two more in the future for 64gb total

4.Thats a great ASUS motherboard, you should go for it, there are higher boards but this would be fine

5.PSU i will decide after i have build this on pcpartpicker, after we finalize everything else

6. Why hdd if you can afford SSDs, but if you want 2tb should last you, but if you need more you can always add more in the future

The thing is you would have to wait, till it all releases, then only you can finalize everything if it would come in $5100, personally saying this is a overkill, its just so powerful that it might end up being useless though, it may take years until full 100% use of this overkill pc is needed in games, but man its a great build, looking forward to how it turns out, rock hardd

Solution

antonyebl

Commendable
Feb 11, 2017
feel free to check, some awesome gaming builds in Best Builds 2017 threads
(http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-3314120/builds-2017-500-budget-category.html)

ad next 4-6 years, considering developments and HW demands in the industry, in principle it's better to spend 2,500$ now and again in ~4 years (no need to pay premium for everything today unless for the bragging rights...then of course...:p

ad i7, if building on budget today I'd agree to go with i5, but the price difference is ~$100 so there I think 7700K is better choice.