[SOLVED] Hello, i have a ping problem on my pc

Feb 4, 2019
Hi, i have a problem on my pc where i would only get avg 40 ping in any online game but on my xbox i would avg around 12 ping anyone know how i can lower my ping on pc its a new pcie network card from tplink
thanks

Solution
Make sure it is exactly the same server they are using. Better yet use the actual ping command and ping some common ip like 8.8.8.8

Run a tracert to the game servers from both devices (can a xbox run tracert?) and see if the path is any different.

I seriously doubt there is something inside you house that can put 30ms of delay in. Now if this only is the ingame ping times it could be the way the ping is calculated. Many games do not actually use the ping command.

I suspect that the IP of the server is differnet between the platforms. Although they claim cross platform support for some games the devices are very different so they many times have different servers and just make it appear as if it is one.
Hi, i have a problem on my pc where i would only get avg 40 ping in any online game but on my xbox i would avg around 12 ping anyone know how i can lower my ping on pc its a new pcie network card from tplink
thanks

You can not expect the two to be the same, you also do not say what equipment you are using or your network set up. The games on different machines may be in different countries or continents!!

Make sure it is exactly the same server they are using. Better yet use the actual ping command and ping some common ip like 8.8.8.8

Run a tracert to the game servers from both devices (can a xbox run tracert?) and see if the path is any different.

I seriously doubt there is something inside you house that can put 30ms of delay in. Now if this only is the ingame ping times it could be the way the ping is calculated. Many games do not actually use the ping command.

I suspect that the IP of the server is differnet between the platforms. Although they claim cross platform support for some games the devices are very different so they many times have different servers and just make it appear as if it is one.

Solution