Question Hello i just need more help,i have gigabyte z790 gaming x ax ddr 5 motherboard and i cannot set gear 1 in my RAM

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
I cannot enable xmp which i dont have enough power pin to supply to my mobo.i only have 6000 mhz
ram doesnt draw too many watts, memory controller will draw slightly more due to overclock..but ddr5-6000 aint crazy numbers..just few watts increase

try enable XMP, then reduce clock to 4800 (while XMP is enabled), that will test ram timing and voltage at base clock
if it powers up and windows wont complain, try increasing clock slowly, keep repeating until unstable...then either keep last stable ram clock or tweak ram timings to increase clock further

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
Jun 15, 2024
ram doesnt draw too many watts, memory controller will draw slightly more due to overclock..but ddr5-6000 aint crazy numbers..just few watts increase

try enable XMP, then reduce clock to 4800 (while XMP is enabled), that will test ram timing and voltage at base clock
if it powers up and windows wont complain, try increasing clock slowly, keep repeating until unstable...then either keep last stable ram clock or tweak ram timings to increase clock further
I will try that hmm ok,

Jun 15, 2024
hardware unboxed did some time ago video with 12900k
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omumzW1AtGE&t=198s

this one is relatively recent
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYqpr4Xpg6I
I just upgrade my mobo from msi pro b760m-p to z790 gaming x ax gigabyte and DDR 5 RAM ,the reason i upgrade is because of the ICC MAX that the motherboard give and why i saw a very little in perfomance gains?,does higher ICC MAX good for cpu bound game like cs 2 dota 2 valorant.i think higher ICC max is good for stable framerate since the cpu work at full

I just upgrade my mobo from msi pro b760m-p to z790 gaming x ax gigabyte and DDR 5 RAM ,the reason i upgrade is because of the ICC MAX that the motherboard give and why i saw a very little in perfomance gains?,does higher ICC MAX good for cpu bound game like cs 2 dota 2 valorant.i think higher ICC max is good for stable framerate since the cpu work at full
No, ICC max will not increase performance from default.

Jun 15, 2024
icc max is for overclocking, ie amperage limit on VCC rail
max is 400 ampers...more ampers mobo offers (bettr VRM), higher wattage cpu can run
cs2/dota2/valorant doesnt use too many cores (up to 4?)...so you yount be able to hit max CPU wattage even on b760
So i think higher icc max is not useful in cpu bound games am i right?i only hoping i got stable framerate in cs 2 because the gpu usage is always dropping in many dust 2 spot and i thought raising icc max will help