Question Hello. My pc isn’t booting

Apr 5, 2022
I just changed my cpu, motherboard and rams and my pc isn’t booting. Somehow it booted earlier , but with no loading screen like Asus or something . It booted straight into windows, now it’s not booting at all and it shuts down the instant I press the power button. Anyone knows why?

Apr 5, 2022
You are leaving a lot for us to assume since there are basically zero details. Want to help up help you and list complete PC specs?
I’ve got an 700 w psu
I5 10400f
Rx 580
16 gb ram
Msi h410 v3
Sorry for the lack of details I don’t really know what to ask for myself

Apr 5, 2022
I’ve got an 700 w psu
I5 10400f
Rx 580
16 gb ram
Msi h410 v3
Sorry for the lack of details I don’t really know what to ask for myself
Also it booted one time and when my friend tried to reset the windows ( from the settings because I had black screen until I was already in windows ) this happend

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Thanks for that. Your CPU is supported by the 'shipped with' BIOS version, so that part is good.

What do you get when you power up? It lights up, starts to spin and immediately reboots over and over? Does it take a moment before the reboot?

I think the first thing I would do in light of not knowing more would be to go into the case and check the connections for your PSU to every component. Reseat the RAM and GPU and just generally make sure everything is connected tightly to where it is supposed to go.

If you disconnect all the storage drives (SATA connectors, for instance) check to see if it will boot up and show a "no OS/boot drive" warning.

Most motherboards can be set not to show a splash screen, so perhaps try to hit F12 or Delete key when you power up to see if it will go into BIOS.
Might be worthwhile to attempt to reset the CMOS by either shorting the pins on the motherboard for said or removing the coin battery for a few moments then putting it back. Make sure system is powered down and unplugged and make sure to hold the power button for 30 seconds beforehand.

Apr 5, 2022
Thanks for that. Your CPU is supported by the 'shipped with' BIOS version, so that part is good.

What do you get when you power up? It lights up, starts to spin and immediately reboots over and over? Does it take a moment before the reboot?

I think the first thing I would do in light of not knowing more would be to go into the case and check the connections for your PSU to every component. Reseat the RAM and GPU and just generally make sure everything is connected tightly to where it is supposed to go.

If you disconnect all the storage drives (SATA connectors, for instance) check to see if it will boot up and show a "no OS/boot drive" warning.

Most motherboards can be set not to show a splash screen, so perhaps try to hit F12 or Delete key when you power up to see if it will go into BIOS.
Might be worthwhile to attempt to reset the CMOS by either shorting the pins on the motherboard for said or removing the coin battery for a few moments then putting it back. Make sure system is powered down and unplugged and make sure to hold the power button for 30 seconds beforehand.
I unplugged the sata cables and no error. Took the battery out but no succes. When I press the power button to turn the pc off it turns off instantaneously

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
This sounds to me like some manner of damage.

Check with your motherboard manual and see where to connect the speaker for beep codes and see if it is throwing anything before it shuts down.

If you are confident in trying, I think I would check the PSU first using the paperclip test. You don't mention what that unit is...

Do you have any other compatible equipment to check things with? For instance, the parts you replaced were an upgrade or from some prior issue with that build?
If it did work, did it have an onboard graphics solution?

You could possibly utilize the old component to verify operation of the GPU/PSU/Storage...maybe RAM according to how old it was...

Apr 5, 2022
This sounds to me like some manner of damage.

Check with your motherboard manual and see where to connect the speaker for beep codes and see if it is throwing anything before it shuts down.

If you are confident in trying, I think I would check the PSU first using the paperclip test. You don't mention what that unit is...

Do you have any other compatible equipment to check things with? For instance, the parts you replaced were an upgrade or from some prior issue with that build?
If it did work, did it have an onboard graphics solution?

You could possibly utilize the old component to verify operation of the GPU/PSU/Storage...maybe RAM according to how old it was...
Thank you I will connect the audio cable but I can’t unfortunately use any other old components. I had an i5 4590 and ddr3 ram which I can’t use now. Still using the same gpu