Hello, please help me in looking for a case that is good for both Air cooling and for a future water cooled build.

Arbiter051

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2016
I keep looking for hours trying to find the right case and I am just not sure which one to pick and I am really hoping someone, somewhere can help me find the hidden treasure.

My current build is as follows
i7-4790 with a hyper 212 evo cpu cooler
evga gtx 1070 ftw
16gb gskill ram
z97 krait edition msi motherboard
corsair gold 850w power supply
SSD and Regular HDD

I currently have a corsair spec 01 case and although it has served it's purpose, I would like to look towards the future. For the time being with a new case, I want to have a good icy cooled air flow system (I just mean I want good temps with air flow heh, my avg room temperature is 75C, however in the winter it becomes much lower) and I want a full tower because I might add some other things later on.

However the big reason is I want a big full tower is because in the future, (Hopefully near future) I'd like to make a custom water loop with different colors and create a sort of... Rainbow road type of build (Mario kart ftw).

I like a few of the Corsair cases like the 760T, but I don't need the optical drive bays and then I keep looking at different cases but I just don't know which one to pick.

The only stipulations I really have is the case needs to come in white color for the build, I want to have a glass window so I can admire my build and I would like to mount my drives in the back so I don't need hard drive bays (This is mostly because I plan on moving to SSD's and doing away my HDD in the future.)

As far as budget goes, just please help me find some cases and I will figure out my budget. Of course, a 300 dollar case is quite high, but 100-200 would be perfect. Thank you.

Solution
you don't have to build custom loop in full tower :)
There are not many white cases to begin with, and same goes for watercooling friendly ones.
Another thing is that white cases are much less practical.
Examples of good cases are
Fractal Design Define S
phanteks Enthoo Pro M TemperedGlass
Hi
Check out the thermaltake f31 suppressor.
I have 2 of them and very pleased with them.
It is listed as a midtower but measure 9.5 w x 19.? Deep x 22? Tall.
Plenty of water cooling options, and cable routing hole.
2 bays at top 3ssd/hhd removable bays.
Can also get psu cover with 2 more places for drive also.
On newegg usually goes 95.00 -110.00usd.
Hope this helps.

Arbiter051

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2016
Thank you for both of your answers. I am not a big fan of cube cases, but I will look into the ones suggested @toshibitsu.

@Crosslhs does that case come in white color or just black? I looked at it on Amazon but didn't see another color option.

you don't have to build custom loop in full tower :)
There are not many white cases to begin with, and same goes for watercooling friendly ones.
Another thing is that white cases are much less practical.
Examples of good cases are
Fractal Design Define S
phanteks Enthoo Pro M TemperedGlass

Solution

toshibitsu

Distinguished

not to mention trying to find white motherboards and white power supplies. :pfff: