HELP a Bios password?

ovaeglupo

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2007
Hi, I have a Compaq Armanda e500 (lap-top). I bouth it seconhand and somebody has put a password on the BIOS. Can somebody tell me how can I get pass it.
I did try to dissconnect the battery (on the MB) but it didn't help (maby i didn't keep it long enough disconnected?!)
Anyways I need help :)
Thanks

porsche6714

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2006
I had this same problem with a compaq armada m700 laptop. It can be solved my removing both the main battery and removing the battery attached to the motherboard. I would let it sit at least an hour to let the capacitors discharge maybe even more I cant remember how long i left mine out. It does work though. Maybe just take all the batteries out before you go to bed and let it sit overnight. That should do the trick.

GuyAmI

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2007
I saw something like this on a Compaq Evo d510dt once. I think the MB on the unit had a BIOS reset button or I just used jumpers, can't quite remember. But I removed the battery on the MB, pressed the BIOS reset button/used the jumper then reset it, powered up the system without the battery, let it run for like a minute or so, shutdown the system, re-inserted the battery and the BIOS password was gone.

If your notebook MB doesn't have something like a BIOS reset button or jumpers, you can try removing the battery, powering on the system for a minute or so, shutting it down and re-inserting the battery. This may reset the BIOS password.