Question help a brother out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 30, 2024
(sorry for any bad formatting) so i recently got an acer aspire 3 15 and i turned some stuff on/off in bios set a bios password but i just downloaded a game and it tells me i have to have secure boot on for the Anti cheat which is understandable so i opened my bios but i forgot my bios password i tried clearing the cmos battery i unhooked it and left it out for abt 10-15 mins i opened my bios and it still asked for a password and it didn't reset secure to be on, does anyone have any solutions on how to reset bios? would a factory reset on the computer do it?

USAFRet

Titan
(sorry for any bad formatting) so i recently got an acer aspire 3 15 and i turned some stuff on/off in bios set a bios password but i just downloaded a game and it tells me i have to have secure boot on for the Anti cheat which is understandable so i opened my bios but i forgot my bios password i tried clearing the cmos battery i unhooked it and left it out for abt 10-15 mins i opened my bios and it still asked for a password and it didn't reset secure to be on, does anyone have any solutions on how to reset bios? would a factory reset on the computer do it?
"Factory reset" does nothing for the BIOS password.

You'll need to ask Acer on this. We out here cannot assist with bypassing passwords.

Status
Not open for further replies.