Question HELP! - A corrected hardware error has occurred. Component: PCI Express Root Port Error Source: Advanced Error Reporting (PCI Express)

Jan 16, 2022
my specs:
ryzen 3600, asrock steel legend b450 motherboard, 32 gb corsair vegence ram, gtx1050ti

I keep getting this error when loading fullscreen games, such as battlefield v, Roblox :

Source: WHEA-Logger
Event ID: 17
"A corrected hardware error has occurred.
Component: PCI Express Root Port
Error Source: Advanced Error Reporting (PCI Express)"

Ive tried removing and re-installing device drivers as well as updating my motherboard bios and enabling XMP for my ram. nothing seems to be working. I cant run fullscreen applications for longer than 10-20mins before it crashes and returns me to the desktop.

should I reset my pc? will this fix the issue?
I plan to remove my hardware and reinstall it however this is a last resort.

any infomation on the error would be appreciated.
Ive searched most of the internet already looking for answers. I understand it could either be my ram or gpu?

thanks.

Reactions: sandymsu
Jan 16, 2022
Hi, thanks for your response.

Ive already done the clean install of drivers on my PC using DDU.
I have downloaded CPU-Z after reseating bot my RAM and GPU.
CPU-Z recognises both my CPU and my GPU but not my RAM.

When I look at my RAM on the SPD tab in CPU-Z it is all greyed out, therefore Im beginning to think that the RAM may be corrupted?
could this be the case?

I currently have 32gb Corsair Vengeance 2666Hz RAM that I bought second hand from eBay.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.

Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

Sep 14, 2022
my specs:
ryzen 3600, asrock steel legend b450 motherboard, 32 gb corsair vegence ram, gtx1050ti

I keep getting this error when loading fullscreen games, such as battlefield v, Roblox :

Source: WHEA-Logger
Event ID: 17
"A corrected hardware error has occurred.
Error Source: Advanced Error Reporting (PCI Express)"

Ive tried removing and re-installing device drivers as well as updating my motherboard bios and enabling XMP for my ram. nothing seems to be working. I cant run fullscreen applications for longer than 10-20mins before it crashes and returns me to the desktop.

should I reset my pc? will this fix the issue?
I plan to remove my hardware and reinstall it however this is a last resort.

any infomation on the error would be appreciated.
Ive searched most of the internet already looking for answers. I understand it could either be my ram or gpu?

thanks.
have you solved the issue , i have the same problem
A corrected hardware error has occurred.

Error Source: Advanced Error Reporting (PCI Express)

Primary Bus:Device:Function: 0x0:0x3:0x1
Secondary Bus:Device:Function: 0x0:0x0:0x0
Primary Device Name:pCI\VEN_1022&DEV_1453&SUBSYS_14531022&REV_00
Secondary Device Name: