help. AGP 4X / Geforce2 / VIA 4in1 / VP6 mobo

G

What in the hell is going on here?

I install win2k, agp 4x works... good, install the via service pack from cd 4/1 (4.26) (vp6 mobo) agp 4x still works.... I'm on a roll! install the video drivers.. agp 2x? (see opening sentence) does anyone have an answer for this.

I've adjusted everything I could think of.. AGP drive value, Fast writes, updated and outdated drivers etc. etc.
I've been hacking on this problem for two weeks... HEY via/nvidia did you hear that.... TWO FREAKING WEEKS.. I've been able to get by on agp 2x durring the "working" hours but this is eating a damn hole in my ass. I paid for a video card and motherboard that both spec. AGP 4X, why doesn't it work damnit!

B.T.W. When I uninstall the video drivers...... I get back my AGP 4x.... again please,..... reference my opening sentence.

THANKS IN ADVANCE TO EVERYONE WHO HAS A SUGGESTION OR COMMENT. I wouldn't mind hearing from a via or nvidia rep either if they're reading this thread. I know I'm not the only person having this problem.!

vp6 mobo
2 p3 933s
geforce2 gts
512m pc133
raid
300w power....

BlackWyvern3

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I have the same problems :( I am using a KT7 raid with a 4X GE Force 2 card... and the only way I have gotten it to work is taking it down to AGP 2X. But, I am running windows 98... I say a registry hack for windows 2000 that allows you to enable AGP 4X.. Let me see if I can dig that up for you.
OK, with a few minutes of work I was able to get this for you:
http://www.tweaktown.com/articles/via_agp4x/

I hope this works bud. trust me, I know how frustrating this is :(
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by BlackWyvern3 on 12/22/00 07:46 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

TRENDING THREADS