Help! Another Strange Video Problem!!

G

I have a similar problem with one of the posts..Please Read on and Help!!
here's my system, P3 450, Aopen AX63Pro, 128MB ram, WD 13G hd, SB live value, and Viper V770.

The problem is, once i installed the video card, my monitor refuse to work at 800x600.
at first anything higher than that is alright. 640x400 is alright too.
once i set to 800x600, the monitor dimm into suspend mode.
if i use another monitor, everything works fine.so shouldn't be the driver or watsoever software or bios setup problem...
if i plug my monitor to another computer, run fine at 800x600.so cannot be due to the cable.
and the strange thing is, the problem getting worse.
i recently formated the hard drive and installed back everything, same driver etc, but now the monitor doesn't even want to work at 640x400!
i can't play any games, since most of the game's main page or the interface run at 800x600, it doens't matter if i set the game play at higher, i can't see a single thing when the game first load up..and now when it doesn't work at 640x400, i can't even play the old star craft.. :<....
so wat can i do? please help!!!

RavenPrime

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
My best guess is that the refresh rate is set to something higher than your monitor can handle. Change the refresh rate settings under Control Panel-->Display-->Settings-->Advanced-->Adapter.

James

G

Thanks mate.. i change the refresh rate to adapter default and the monitor is working well now :)
however i don't know what's the adapter refresh rate, i tried all available there, 60, 70, 72, 75, 80, optimal, all refuse to work with 800x600, however, now i can use the monitor at 800x600, no more problem, i'm satisfied, thanks a lot!

Ncogneto

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Make sure you have the right drivers installed for your monitor. check device manger to see if you are using the default monitor drivers, I know that some nvidia drivers have an issue for some reason with this and only allow 640 x 480 res.

A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing!