Help! AOC IPS vs Samsung PLS vs Asus IPS which is better?

Jaye__

Prominent
Mar 11, 2017
I'm having trouble between the three. After discounts and sales the three monitors are now priced at pretty much the same range. I'm really having trouble understanding which would be better.

Basically I would be using it for video editing, and some color grading here and there so the one with the best color reproduction would be nice.

AOC: https://www.amazon.com/AOC-i2381fh-23-inch-Frameless-Brightness/dp/B01NCX38WJ/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1490027009&sr=1-2&keywords=AOC+I2381FH

Samsung: http://www.ebay.com.au/p/samsung-23-6-wide-pls-1920x1080-hdmi-cable-dsub-vesa-mount/1072549088?_trksid=p2047675.l2644

ASUS: https://www.amazon.com/Asus-VC239H-Widescreen-Backlight-Monitor/dp/B0186NJGSO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1490027266&sr=8-1&keywords=Asus+VC239H

Thanks!

Solution
Ebay has dealers selling new 24" IPS screens inc. warranty for bargain prices. In the UK yesterday I saw 24" IPS screens selling for half their normal price, an Asus & a BenQ. They are cheap as not many people know about them. In the US I'm sure the same is happening.

I'm getting a new screen soon.

For color grading an IPS isn't the best. A VA would be best as it has the highest contrast ratios.

Consider the $110 21" Benq gw2270 (or gw2270h for hdmi) or the 24" 1080p gw2470 or 1080p 27" gw2760. They are AMVA+ screens, the latest type of VA. Fine for some gaming (4ms input lag) but not hardcore. People have connected games consoles without problems. One person said the low-blue-light mode works well. Great screen quality despite low...

cwli1_

Notable
Mar 9, 2017
Ebay has dealers selling new 24" IPS screens inc. warranty for bargain prices. In the UK yesterday I saw 24" IPS screens selling for half their normal price, an Asus & a BenQ. They are cheap as not many people know about them. In the US I'm sure the same is happening.

I'm getting a new screen soon.

For color grading an IPS isn't the best. A VA would be best as it has the highest contrast ratios.

Consider the $110 21" Benq gw2270 (or gw2270h for hdmi) or the 24" 1080p gw2470 or 1080p 27" gw2760. They are AMVA+ screens, the latest type of VA. Fine for some gaming (4ms input lag) but not hardcore. People have connected games consoles without problems. One person said the low-blue-light mode works well. Great screen quality despite low price, even rivals older IPS screens in places, & doesn't suffer from IPS glow. Once calibrated it has a very good sRGB.

It's flicker free so no headaches. Users & experts are impressed with them given their price. One expert said they didn't detect any light bleed. The viewing angles are very good too, even better than the previous AMVA, and much better than TN. Windows 10 compatible.

The screens have a light anti-glare coating so white backgrounds don't appear too grainy or dirty as they can on many IPS screens. They have a matte surface rather than a glossy one.

For dark movie scenes AMVA+ screens are the best, certainly superior to TN or IPS. Black on some IPS screens isn't that great.

(Set the AMA (Advanced Motion Accelerator) function to high, not premium. This helps cut motion trails.)

(To deal with a "dead" pixel rub the area gently & it will very probably correct itself immediately or within a few days. A crystal has been dislodged and needs correction. Playing a video/game over it may also correct it.)

Solution

Jaye__

Prominent
Mar 11, 2017

I see. Having only been searching about monitors recently I haven't heard about VA monitors. Thank you for your recommendation will check it out.