[SOLVED] (HELP ASAP) PC that lights up for a splitsecond, and nothing else.

Jul 17, 2020
While doing some cleaning, I had very lightly bumped the power cord of my computer while it was on. The screen turned off and it has been otherwise unresponsive since.

After unplugging and replugging the PSU in, attempting to turn the power on sometimes leads to a splitsecond of light up from the case, power led and spinning of the cpu fan. Literally nothing else happens. Strangely, everytime I plug the PSU in, I hear a crackle coming from the cord end.

Since then, I have done pretty much anything I could find, up to replacing the PSU and motherboard. I have also completely undone and rebuilt the computer and reset the CMOS battery.

SPECS:
CPU - Intel i3-8100
Mobo - asus h310m-k R2.0
PSU - Aywun 800W ATX
1x 8gb DDR4
GPU - Radepn 550

Last edited:
Solution
Yes, and ive also tried using different power outlets.

Power supply is the most likely issue, you should get a good quality one, and make sure the outlet you are using is grounded. The power supply you listed you have is no good, it's a "800 watt" so they say, but the specs show a single 6 pin PICe cable for the video card and a 2 year warranty, both of which put it in the junk quality category. I don't see anyplace where they list the true power rating on the various voltage rating, which is another sign of low quality. Look at the 12v rail amps, that is the true power that thing will be putting out, and even that is likely only under ideal temps and loads.

Even a lower end model from companies like EVGA, Seasonic...
Yes, and ive also tried using different power outlets.

Power supply is the most likely issue, you should get a good quality one, and make sure the outlet you are using is grounded. The power supply you listed you have is no good, it's a "800 watt" so they say, but the specs show a single 6 pin PICe cable for the video card and a 2 year warranty, both of which put it in the junk quality category. I don't see anyplace where they list the true power rating on the various voltage rating, which is another sign of low quality. Look at the 12v rail amps, that is the true power that thing will be putting out, and even that is likely only under ideal temps and loads.

Even a lower end model from companies like EVGA, Seasonic, Corsair, XFX, FSP and such are several levels better.

Solution