[SOLVED] Help: Asus Hidden Recovery Partition

Feb 6, 2019
Hello, (Sorry, this published in CPU, wrong category, I've reposted in storage: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-3884567/asus-hidden-recovery-partition.html)

Please read all before commenting about F9 recovery.

System is a Windows 8 (not 8.1) 64bit netbook (which worked faster than win10, hense the troubles to get it back to original factory)

I have replaced my HDD as the original was faulting and windows no longer booted and the drive would stop responding after a few minutes.
Long story short I recovered the recovery partition on the original HDD, its structure tree is this:

Recovery (Main Folder)
ᴸRecovery (Folder)
. ᴸLogs (Folder)
. ᴸReload.xml (1.34KB)
. ᴸWindowsRE (Folder)
. ᴸboot.sdi(3.02MB)
. ᴸReAgent.xml(1.10KB)
. ᴸWinre.wim(527MB)
ᴸRecoveryBoot (Folder)
. ᴸAsDiskLayout.dat(575KB)
. ᴸAsPartition.dat(1.07KB)
. ᴸboot.wim(274MB)
ᴸRecoveryImage (Folder)
. ᴸDONOTREPLACE.txt
. ᴸinstall.wim(8.19GB)
ᴸPQA.CMD(1.33KB)

Now the question is, I assume the RecoveryBoot folder lays out the partitions of the entire drive? As it's now a new un-formatted/partitioned drive, would I need to use this to get everything back to the same partitioning?

The drive and bios WON'T let me F9 anymore and any creation media USB I have tried doesn't work (it boots up), it doesn't find the recovery image to start the process. I've listed their file sizes to get a general jist of what they contain and their possible implantation.
I understand the install.wim would be the windows recovery image as its 8+Gigs, but how would I go about getting the first stage done of getting the correct partitions as all the files seems to be present I just can't activate the first bit to get everything rolling.

Thank you.

Solution
If this is a Windows 10 system, and if you have access to another PC, go online and Google Windows 10 media creation tool.

When you run that, it should have the option to create media for another computer, and select the USB option. Use a blank USB drive for this of course.

When it finishes that, insert the drive into your PC with the issues that you replaced the drive on. There should be a key combination that allows you to boot to another device. On Dell systems for example, f12 is the common one. Some systems user f11 or the delete key as well. You can probably search for your specific machine.

You want to have it boot from the USB drive you created. When it does, it should allow you to install Windows 10. If it had...
If this is a Windows 10 system, and if you have access to another PC, go online and Google Windows 10 media creation tool.

When you run that, it should have the option to create media for another computer, and select the USB option. Use a blank USB drive for this of course.

When it finishes that, insert the drive into your PC with the issues that you replaced the drive on. There should be a key combination that allows you to boot to another device. On Dell systems for example, f12 is the common one. Some systems user f11 or the delete key as well. You can probably search for your specific machine.

You want to have it boot from the USB drive you created. When it does, it should allow you to install Windows 10. If it had Windows 10 previously, it should automatically pick up the Windows 10 key in the bios and continue the install. With any luck, you should not need that recovery partition.

Solution