Help - Asus Motherboard DRAM Led, VGA Led & wont boot

steven8888

Reputable
Jan 12, 2016
Hello,
Built my computer back in September 2015 and was running fine until end of December.
I left my computer on one night to download and when I came back a few hours later the screen was black and couldn't get any response but the tower was still running. I restarted it and it seems to be working fine so I shut it down and went to sleep.
The next day i tried turning it on. There was no signal to monitor, the cpu fans were spinning and motherboard lit up but didn't seem to boot as it was not producing any power to my LED keyboard. The GPU & PSU fans were also not spinning. The Dram LED was on and the VGA LED would also come on as well on the motherboard.

I tried plugging each individual ram stick into each of the slots, removing gpu & sound card, resetting bios by removing motherboard battery but still nothing.
So I thought it was the motherboard, so I bought the same motherboard again (brand new) and connected it all up.
The Dram LED is still coming on and occasionally the VGA Led would come on but not all the time.
It is mainly the DRAM Led which comes on or it would come on for 10 seconds then turn off but i still get no signal to monitor..

Any help would be much appreciated! I don't want to go buy all new parts..
My build is:
Intel Core i7 6700K
G.Skill Ripjaws 4 F4-2666C15Q-16GRR 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 Red
ASUS Z170-AR Motherboard
ASUS GeForce GTX 970 Strix DirectCU II 4GB
Samsung 850 Pro Series 256GB 2.5in SSD
Western Digital WD Black 1TB WD1003FZEX

I apologize for the long message, I just want to explain it as best a I can. Feel like I've spent all this money and now its all lost as I can't seem to fix it.. Once again any help would be awesome!!
Steven

steven8888

Reputable
Jan 12, 2016
Sorry forgot to mention my power supply. I have 'Corsair HX850i 850W 80 Plus Platinum Power Supply'. I tried booting without the gpu & sound card and the DRAM LED still comes on and mb doesnt seem to boot..