[SOLVED] Help, B2 code on new gpu

Jun 6, 2022
I just got a new gpu(3060 Ti) to replace my old one(1060 super(6gb)). When I plugged in the new gpu and turned on the system, it would light up, and beep once, but get stuck when booting. It gets stuck on the code B2 in the bottom right corner with a line in the top left. I unplugged the new gpu and re-installed the 1060 and the system booted up fine. It just seems to get stuck on that core before the splash screen so I can’t access bios on my new card to change settings. Anyone able to help me out?

System setup:
Gpu(old) - Asus GTX 1060 super 6gb
Gpu(new) - Gigabyte RTX 3060 ti
Motherboard - MSI H67MA-ED55 (B3) [Its 10+ years old]
2x8 (16) gb of ram
650 watt power supply
CPU - Intel i7 2700k 3.50 ghz

Any help is appreciated, here’s what I’ve tried so far…

-Reset BIOS
-Reset CMOS over night
-Double checked all connections on system
-Reseated card multiple times
-Tried booting with integrated graphics to uninstall old gpu drivers
-started in safe mode
-tried other PCIE slots
-reseated RAM

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

650 watt power supply
650W is the advertised wattage of the unit. What is the make and model of the unit as well as it's age?

Motherboard - MSI H67MA-ED55 (B3)
BIOS version at the time of writing?

Jun 6, 2022

650 watt power supply
650W is the advertised wattage of the unit. What is the make and model of the unit as well as it's age?

I’ll have to get the BIOS version and make and model of the psu when I get home around 3. But it was a custom build I bought from someone on marketplace and never had any problems with it. I believe it was built around 2013 though. I’ll double check that date when I get home as well though. Thanks!

Jun 6, 2022

650 watt power supply

Okay so the power supply is a Kingwin
ABT-650mm. I’m assuming the age is around the time of the build date, which is 01/12/2012

As for the motherboard bios, its current version is E7676IMS V1.8 under system information.

Jun 6, 2022
I believe it is page 62 in your manual section 3-22
That doesn’t seem to be an option in my bios… at least not that I can find and I went through every section. I put the card in my buddies rig and it started up and is installing drivers right now. So it’s not the card I dont believe. Maybe the outdated motherboard?

That doesn’t seem to be an option in my bios… at least not that I can find and I went through every section. I put the card in my buddies rig and it started up and is installing drivers right now. So it’s not the card I dont believe. Maybe the outdated motherboard?
It can be because your system is from the transition days when we were moving away from legacy to UEFI BIOS. Did you look at what they call EFI mode there?

Jun 6, 2022
Collateral damage can happen.
I had 2 low cost PSU fail; one just failed gently without any other damage, but the othe failed brutally and took the GPU with him.
Should probably look into replacing it then lol, it does have trouble starting up sometimes but idk if the psu is to blame