Dec 4, 2020
So I am not sure if some of this info matters but I am going to include it anyways just in case. So I decided to update my drivers and everything. I update my nvdia graphics drivers them i decide to update my bios. I go to the bios, select m-flash then go into m-flash mode, I did NOT select anything, my pc was just giving me a black screen after going into flash mode, i decide to force-shutdown my pc. Now every time I start my pc I just get a black screen. My specs are listed below

CPU: R5 1600 AF
GPU: GTX 1660 SUPER
MOBO: MSI X470 GAMING PLUS
RAM: T:GROUP 16GB 3000MHZ

Any help would be great, thanks.

Solution
It sounds like you started the BIOS update but with no BIOS file selected it only got partway through. In other words: the BIOS might be corrupted.

It doesn't appear that board has a BIOS FlashBack feature. You might contact MSI Tech Support and see about getting an RMA started.
It sounds like you started the BIOS update but with no BIOS file selected it only got partway through. In other words: the BIOS might be corrupted.

It doesn't appear that board has a BIOS FlashBack feature. You might contact MSI Tech Support and see about getting an RMA started.

Solution

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What BIOS version were you on prior to going into M-Flash and what BIOS version did you have on your pen drive?

Make and model of your PSU and it's age? You will need to include the storage devices for your build as well. If you're yet unable to get anything off the system, power down and disconnect from the wall, then remove the CMOS battery before replacing it after 30 minutes.

Power up and see if that helps.

Reactions: Cornsyrup