Question Help :( BSOD - Memory Management (No Errors on Memtest or Windows Memory Diagnostic)

Jun 25, 2019
First time posting on a forum :D I am hoping someone can help me :( (I have tried everything I can think off) I will try any potential fixes when I am home from work.

So before I send back my RAM to Amazon hoping they will replace it, I thought I would try here and see if I am missing anything.
I recently upgraded my RAM from 8GB (2x4 Sticks) to 16GB (2x8GB Sticks), so if all else fails I still have my 8GB set stored away. This was a few weeks ago, as when I replaced it, I then went on Holiday with my girlfriend.
When I came back, my PC would randomly freeze forcing me to restart, and at other times would BSOD with the code Memory Management. First thoughts was obviously a memory issue as I have only just replaced it. The freezing seems to have stopped but the BSOD will happen randomly, could be 10 minutes after turning on the PC, or 5 Hours, it is usually the first, then after a restart its fine.

Now to what I have tried.
  1. Updated relevant drivers.
  2. Ran a Windows Memory Diagnostic - No Errors
  3. Ran Memtest86 - No Errors
  4. Increased DRAM Voltage by 0.05
The RAM is also 3000Mhz, but its worth mentioning that I turned the XMP Profile off so it is running at the default 2144, but the BSOD still occur. I have not messed around with any timings etc (As I don't know what I'm doing)

After all this the BSOD are still happening, so I am wondering if there is anything else I can do, or should I just send it back to Amazon and try and get a replacement. Any help would be really appreciated.:D

PC Specs:
Mobo - MSI Z270 Gaming M3
CPU - Intel i5 7700K
GPU - MSI GTX 1080
PSU - EVGA 650W G2 Gold
RAM - 16GB Corsiar Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4 3000Mhz C16

Old RAM - 8GB Corsiar Vengeance LPX 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4 3000Mhz C15

Lutfij

Titan
Are you on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard? If you're running at stock speeds for the ram, seeing a BSOD is akin to a faulty OS install or worse, the rams might be faulty. Did you verify with other slots on your board? How many passes did you run memtest before calling it in?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS