[SOLVED] Help! BSOD when opening Discord

Synergy34

Prominent
Nov 20, 2019
Hello! Randomly, but not every time(about half the time), I get the following BSOD immediately after opening the Discord application:

Stop code: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
What failed: portcls.sys

I have read that this is a Windows audio driver, but I have idea of how to go about the problem. Can somebody help?

May 30, 2020
yea i have the same damned issue ... and the odd thing is its not consistent really ... sometimes it does it on the first start up and other times it works for several dozen times then causes a crash

this issue needs attention and NEEDS to be fixed as my PC is more than able to run this program

Synergy34

Prominent
Nov 20, 2019
yea i have the same damned issue ... and the odd thing is its not consistent really ... sometimes it does it on the first start up and other times it works for several dozen times then causes a crash

this issue needs attention and NEEDS to be fixed as my PC is more than able to run this program

Do you have an Oculus Rift? It turns out my problems were associated with an Oculus system update and since I did the Oculus update I’ve had no problems. Try reinstalling discord if you still have problems