help building gaming pc

scarybone8

Honorable
Nov 12, 2013
So i'm gonna make a gaming computer myself for the first time and i already chose everything (parts) but i don't know if it will work or good or whatever so i need you to tell me if it will work fine or not. If something dosent match then tell me what to get.

Heres The Parts:
The Case:
Cooler Master HAF 912
Power Supply:
Corsair CX750
MotherBoard:
Asus ATX DDR3 1333 LGA 1150 Motherboard H87-PLUS
CPU:
Intel Core i5-4670K Quad-Core Desktop Processor 3.4 GHZ 6 MB Cache
GPU:
AMD Radeon R9 290 4GB
Memory:
Corsair Vengeance Blue 8 GB (2X4 GB)
Storage:
HDD:WD Blue 1 TB Desktop Hard Drive: 3.5 Inch, 7200 RPM, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64 MB Cache
SSD:Samsung 840 Pro Series 2.5-Inch 128GB SATA 6Gbps Solid State Drive
Optical Drive:
LG Electronics 24X SATA Super-Multi DVD Internal Rewriter with M-Disc Support (Black)

Windows 8.1 Pro System Builder 64 bit

Uhhhh yeah.....

Btw what monitor should I get (I don't even have a monitor :p)
Not too expensive $100-200

Solution
If you do want to overclock the cpu then you need: a "K" model one and a Z87 (not H87) mobo.

As for monitor, do you want it for gaming or for gaming and everything else? Cuz this determines if a TN or IPS panel is best for you.

IRONBATMAN

Honorable
Are you planning on overclocking ? If not , you might want to get an unlocked version if its cheaper. but if you do plan on overclocking , you would need a CPU cooler. The coolermaster hyper 212 evo is quite a popular one. It seems pretty good.

And for the monitor, checkout the Asus VS228H. It's Full HD 1920 x 1080 and is pretty slim. The VK228H version has a webcam and speakers integrated into the monitor.

scarybone8

Honorable
Nov 12, 2013
just for gaming and browsing webs etc... no editing and stuff (i might do it in the future though)
I don't know if i'm gonna overclock or not if it runs games good then im not gonna overclock.

And for the coolermaster hyper 212 evo thingy you need an glue or something right?

Are you buying in the US?

If budget doesn't matter and you want to learn a bit about what makes a computer tick/tock then "K" cpu is good otherwise a non K is good enough.

scarybone8

Honorable
Nov 12, 2013

Im buying it on Amazon anyways do you mean like
IntelCore i5 4670k???

That is what he means, since it has the "K" it has an unlimited OC.