Question Help building my first PC.

rlorenzo1

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2011
So after some advice from someone smarter than me. I was told that I'm basically frying my current PC due to it's thermals. I have an Omen 30L with a 3090 in it. My CPU was running up to 95c. I mainly use my PC for gaming and I've had to take all my settings down in games to get stable temps. GPU is running around 80-82c during gaming. This Omen 30L has only 2 fans plus a terrible water cooler and the GPU sits directly on top of the PSU. It's basically a terrible design and I got screwed for 2k$ on this.

I've realized that I need a completely new system. The only thing I'll be using from the old one is my 3090. Here is the link to the rest of the build.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/tbZbz6

My question, is there some kind of video tutorial or something I can learn from to install all the parts for this system? I really don't want to screw anything up. I thought about taking it to a local computer repair shop to pay them to put it together but I dont even trust that.

Last edited:

rlorenzo1

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2011
You can get that motherboard for180 from Amazon direct rather than MSI...if you'd prefer that. It has been 200 dollars, so don't know how long 180 will last.
It's an ASUS motherboard. You may not have seen the correct thing on my first link. The correct link is up now.

Anom1c

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2015
RAM: You can probably get a better corsair vengeance kit for about the same price. Just make sure to pick a XMP kit and not EXPO for intel CPU's.
PSU: If you plan on upgrading GPU some day I'd pick RMx Shift PSU, for ATX3.0.
SSD: Can pick Samsung 990 Pro / Solidigm P44 Pro / SK Hynix Platinum P41 if it doesn't cost much more.
Good case.

(Can't comment on the rest because I didn't use intel CPU for my current build and I don't know.)