Help building pc please!!

Anthony01

Commendable
Aug 6, 2016
I just bought my parts a day ago and when they all came in I started building my first build. However the first time I tried to boot it up the fans would spin cpu and case for about 5 seconds stop for 2 seconds and re spin but nothing comes on the screen. Now what happens after I took a look at my cpu(removed the stock cooler and looked at it and put it back it) nothing works but my gpu light and an led light. Everything's plugged in. Can I get some help?

Specs: i3 6100
Mobo: h110m-A gigabyte
Gpu: r9 380 asus Astrix 4gb
Psu: 600B evga bronze
Hdd: wd 1tb
Ssd: Kingston 120gb

Solution
Any screen messages or errors during the boot attempt? Any beep codes?

What memory modules did you install?

What OS did you install?

Double check all power connections (correct and in securely plugged in, card seatings all firm, cables correct.

Any signs of overheating: hot smell, something physically hot when touched....?

Ralston18

Titan
Any screen messages or errors during the boot attempt? Any beep codes?

What memory modules did you install?

What OS did you install?

Double check all power connections (correct and in securely plugged in, card seatings all firm, cables correct.

Any signs of overheating: hot smell, something physically hot when touched....?

Solution

Ralston18

Titan
Try scaling back: start with the GPU and 1TB drives disconnected. Likewise for other non-essential components such as the optical drive, sound card, etc..

Use the motherboard video port and sound ports. Be sure all memory modules are firmly seated.

If nothing works then maybe the PSU failed. You may need to do some testing....

Hopefully, it is just some connection related problem. Unplug and replug all even if they look okay. Inspect both the plug and respective port for signs of damage or some misalignment.

Work your way through every component and last, if need be, the CPU, fans, and coolers. Take your time and look carefully. Do not jam in any connections. Look for any grounds (earth) around the standoffs or other locations.