Help buying video editing laptop

Nov 21, 2018
Hi everyone,

I know some people already asked. But while the black friday is on I would like to know if anybody has anytips for a video editing laptop (Premiere pro, After Effect).
With a good battery life to work daily unplugged but basic stuff.

Some stores that ship to France.

If possible under 1000€ or close to.

Thanks! Merci Beaucoup!

Ralston18

Titan
My tip is to look at the video editing software that you intend to use. And/or any other software products you plan to use.

Most software provides some suggested levels with respect to hardware requirements.

E.g, minimal, recommended, and best.

You do not want minimal. Recommended for sure with as much "best" as affordable per your budget.

And plan ahead - spend a little extra now if at all possible to plan for growth.

Summary: Ensure that the laptop does indeed meet or exceed the hardware requirements needed by the software.

Nov 21, 2018

Thanks for the answer. But I have checked and these are specs I am looking for:

I7-8750H
Gtx 1050Ti/1060
8/16 Gb RAM DDR4 possible to adjust after

At least 256 SSD
HDD Storage

But I don't know which laptop would be the more suitable

Ralston18

Titan
There is no way to truly know which laptop is "more suitable" without looking and digging into any given laptop's specifications.

Fortunately someone else may be able to provide a direct response and answer. Well and good.

However, I believe that you are likely to end up better off by searching for laptops that meet your specifications. Then look for product reviews by knowledgeable and objective sources.

Read the User Manuals/Guides for candidate laptops. You may be surprised by what can be learned therein.

Visit the manufacturer's websites to read FAQs and Forums. May prove quite insightful via both what is said and not said.

You need to know what you want (which you do) and what trade-offs may be necessary with respect to any given laptop. Likely TBD.