Question Help Changing Launch and Activation Permissions to Fix Error 10016

Apr 22, 2019
I've been getting good ol' error 10016 (The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID...) on my Win 10 machine for a while now. The error itself isn't a problem, however if it happens while I'm playing a game it causes a subsequent error 4101 (Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered), which causes the computer to lock up and require a poke of the reset button.

Long story short, I sat down today to fix the 10016 error following this guide ( https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...r-cannot/3f21a980-7f1e-48e5-85ea-6aa8843ecf40 ). I got up to step 8 just fine and had no issue taking control of the necessary registry keys whatsoever.

The issue I need help with is with changing launch and activation permissions in component services. I navigate to Computers > My Computer > DCOM Config > RuntimeBroker, open it's properties, go to security tab, and click the edit button under the launch and activation permissions section. In the groups or user names box that comes up I need to add a couple users but I can't because the add and remove buttons are grayed out.

So, how do I make those two buttons clickable?

Last edited by a moderator: