Help choosing CPU cooler! Liquid / Air + Pros / Cons.

moofy87

Commendable
Apr 5, 2016
Hi all, long time reader first time poster from Australia.

I'm about to pull the trigger on a AUD $3500 custom PC but I am having a lot of trouble choosing the CPU cooler (Intel 6700k in a corsair 780t case) to go with. It's coming down to these 2:

Corsair H110i GT 280mm
Cooler Master MasterAir Maker 8

I have contemplated the pros and cons of each several times and still not closer to choosing, can I please get help in reviewing my pros/ cons and setting any misconceptions I have right (cost not an issue)?

**Corsair Pros** slightly more effective cooling, takes less space
**Corsair Cons** maintenance (monitoring coolant levels as it eventually evaporates making cooler ineffective), will need to be replaced sooner, chance of liquid leaking into pc case damaging expensive equipment (MSI 980ti will be right below the cooler!)

**Cooler Master Pros** no liquid involved, seems less can go wrong with unit, likely to last longer
**Cooler Master Cons** size -trying to decide if this is a deal breaker as I have read in more than 1 review that the sheer size of the unit causes it to block access to some of the RAM slots in the motherboard with fans left in default position. If I were to get this I would be leaving the fans in default position.

Here is my build:

Case: Corsair Graphite 780T Full Tower Gaming Case – Black
CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K Quad Core LGA 1151 4.0 GHz
CPU Cooler: ???
MB: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Intel LGA 1150 ATX
RAM: GeIL SUPER LUCE 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 2400MHz Memory
GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Gaming Video Card
PSU: Corsair RM750x 750W 80 Plus Gold Full Modular
SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + 1TB 2.5" SATA III SSD MZ-75E500
Wireless Adapter: ASUS PCE-AC56 802.11ac Dual-band Wireless-AC1300 PCI-E Adapter

Thank you!

moofy87

Commendable
Apr 5, 2016
Thank you Dustin

What sort of maintenance would the H110i involve thoug? i.e. how would i monitor the liquid levels and how would i top it up?

Thanks