Help choosing monitor

elliotjameshoey

Prominent
Jun 4, 2018
Hi there, I'm very new to pc gaming, and have already built my rig, but now I'm wanting a monitor to go with it. I have narrowed it down to two options: the Dell S2417DG and the Acer Predator XB241YU. The monitor needs to be 24" in order to fit my small desk, and I want all the major gaming monitor features eg: gsync, low response time, preferably 2k, and high refresh rate. I am wondering which of these two monitors is best for me to get, I know they both have the same features, but I want the best 24" monitor I can get. I would love to have ips and hdr aswell, but unfortunately neither of these monitors has these features. So if you could either recommend which of these two I should get or provide an alternative monitor that you think would be better, that would be great. Thanks and I look forward to reading the replies

fredfinks

Honorable
They are TN monitors. Also, a lot of gsync monitors are cursed with scanline problems. Its the panel lottery.

Im not well versed on 24" gaming monitors but as a suggestion id go with a good VA panel.
If you cant find one that has gsync i'd consider forgoing super hz and getting the best 24" VA panel you can find. A Samsung, LG or Dell.

i.e. Living with better quality picture (colour reproduction & uniformity, no backlight bleed, viewing angle etc) vs faster refresh