[SOLVED] HELP!!! Computer acting funny and just recently built

Aug 7, 2019
Okay so I just built my first system like 2 months ago..
Ryzen 7 3700
Msi rx570 8gb
Asrock steel legend wifi ax mobo
Corsair ram 32gb
Thunderbolt 3 AIC installed
Nzxt h700i case
2 harddrives and a nvme m.2 Samsung evo 970 that's now external because come to find out I cant even run my thunderbolt 3 aic while using the evo 970...I'd have to get a sata ssd apparently

But here my issue...

My computer freezes ALOT if its restarting, while shutting down and the screen says Restarting with the spinning circle, the circle just stops and so does the computer. I can move the mouse but it just stays frozen like that until I hard reset..

I THINK I've nailed it down to being, every time I install a program that asks me to restart, it freezes.

My system is new and I dont want to hurt it. I spent a lot of time and money in this thing lol I want it working smoothly

Thank you anyone who can try to help!

Solution
Same thing happened with me as well, what I suggest is that you test your components individually;
  1. Download crystaldiskinfo and check the health of your drives.
  2. Download heavyload and stress your CPU for around 10 minutes whilst you have HWmonitor open and check the temperature of your CPU.
  3. Open Windows Memory Diagnostic and let it do its thing, watch it whilst it does it, shouldn't take too long and if there are any errors then it's a memory issue.

Goodluck!

HypoCheese

Reputable
Oct 2, 2015
Same thing happened with me as well, what I suggest is that you test your components individually;
  1. Download crystaldiskinfo and check the health of your drives.
  2. Download heavyload and stress your CPU for around 10 minutes whilst you have HWmonitor open and check the temperature of your CPU.
  3. Open Windows Memory Diagnostic and let it do its thing, watch it whilst it does it, shouldn't take too long and if there are any errors then it's a memory issue.

Goodluck!

Solution