Question (Help) Computer Shuts Down Then Boots Back Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 5, 2022
specs:

windows 10 home x64

mobo: ASRock B365 Phantom Gaming 4

Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-9100F CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER (recently had 1060 TI)

PSU: SeaSonic 500w

Two TFORCE 8gb (grey)

Hello all, I've had this computer for about a year now but the problem has been happening for 6 - 7 months (August - Present), when I had my 1060 TI I had done the OCCT stress test for VRAM and it had enabled the issue. During the time I've had the 1060 TI it randomly rebooted during 3D graphic intensive games, but not for light 2D games like Dead Cells, Binding of Isaac, etc.. Over the months I had noticed that it had gotten progressively worse throughout the upcoming months (December - January) it had now rarely restarted when watching videos or surfing the web but very rarely restarted when idle.

Now that I have the 2060 SUPER the problem does not occur anymore when I run the VRAM test on OCCT. The other tests were fine for the full hour as well. But when I had launched Lost Arc, clicked "ok" during server select, it shows the "warrior intro" putting lots of stress and ultimately shuts down then turns back on by itself with no errors or bluescreens.

Keep in mind that I have never overclocked or underclocked, there isn't any modemlogs or kernelreport errors in either of the 2 folders, I have messed around with the power plan, I turned off automatic restart, I also turned off fast startup, and I have also done a DDU clean. I've noticed in other forums trying to solve the issue myself that most people had fixed this problem with their BIOS updates, so I had updated my BIOS to the latest version, 4.40

Any help is appreciated, this problem has been giving me a splitting headache

Feb 11, 2022
Open up a hardware monitor and see if you cap out the ram when this occurs.
Could also be a failing / full drive, how long have you had your drive for? How much free space do you have?

Jan 5, 2022
Could also be a failing / full drive, how long have you had your drive for? How much free space do you have?
I've had it for a year, also have a total of 465 GB with 347 GB free

ill get back to you on the hardware monitor

Jan 5, 2022
ok, I used resource monitor and it caps out at 55% when on the server list, but it had just randomly restart after looking at it for about 1 -2 minutes, while typing this to get back to you it also randomly restarted

Jan 5, 2022
Whats the exact model of that Seasonic 500 watts PSU, also how old is it?

Also could it be your old GPU was 1660 TI, cause there was no 1060TI to my knowledge?, or maybe 1050TI, 1070TI, 1080TI?
SSR-550GB (S12III-550) also had it for a year

Also yea my bad it was a 1660 TI

Status
Not open for further replies.