[SOLVED] HELP! Continuous Blue Screen after trying many solutions.

coolz202

Reputable
May 6, 2017
(I'M POSTING ON BEHALF OF MY FRIEND)

Hey there, my friend has been having continous blue-screens over the past 6 months, and all measures he's taken have made absolutely no difference. he has tried swapping out any parts available to him, including changing his graphics card, RAM, running mem test, installing OS on different / new drives, just about everything in the book. The only thing he is yet to change is the CPU / Motherboard.

His PC Specs are listed below:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
RAM: 16GB 3200MHZ Corsair Vengeance
GPU: MSI GTX 1060 6GB
Motherboard: MSI B450M Mortar
Storage: 1TB NVMe SSD
PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower 600W

He has experienced the following BSOD Codes:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
What Failed: tcpip.sys

KERNEL_AUTO_BOOST_LOCK_ACQUISITION_WITH_RAISED_IRQL

KERNEL_AUTO_BOOST_INVALID_LOCK_RELEASE

APC_INDEX_MISMATCH

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

Could anyone with any knowledge on this please lend a hand? Could it be the CPU or Motherboard causing issues that need replacing? Thanks!

Last edited:
Solution
tcpip.sys - transmission control protocol/internet protocol - used by windows for internet. This is victim, not cause. Likely caused by lan/WIFI drivers.
Does he use Wi-Fi or ethernet? is he using a Wi-Fi adapter card?

this also looks like a internet problem

Canhe follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not...

Colif

Win 11 Master
tcpip.sys - transmission control protocol/internet protocol - used by windows for internet. This is victim, not cause. Likely caused by lan/WIFI drivers.
Does he use Wi-Fi or ethernet? is he using a Wi-Fi adapter card?

this also looks like a internet problem

Canhe follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

Last edited:
Solution

coolz202

Reputable
May 6, 2017
chipset
Realtek RTL8812AE
newest drivers 2017 - https://www.realtek.com/en/component/zoo/category/rtl8812ae-software

i have seen a lot of problems from older Wi-Fi cards recently, your friend might want to update his card to one that has one of these 3 labels
  1. WIFI6
  2. AX
  3. AC2100
they all mean same thing, latest WIFI standard. Will cost more but will last at least 5 years

So should I suggest he try a new WiFi Card in the meantime while I wait for dump file analysis?

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/gjxs17L5/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:050721-10453-01.dmp (May 7 2021 - 05:32:39)
Bugcheck:IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (A)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: NVIDIA Share.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 02 Min(s), and 22 Sec(s)

File information:050721-10406-01.dmp (May 7 2021 - 05:22:24)
Bugcheck:DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (D1)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: System)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 2 Hour(s), 00 Min(s), and 05 Sec(s)

File information:050721-10328-01.dmp (May 7 2021 - 05:26:26)
Bugcheck:WORKER_INVALID (E4)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: Discord.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 03 Min(s), and 30 Sec(s)
Comment: The overclocking driver "NTIOLib_X64.sys" was found on your system. (MSI Afterburner or other MSI software)

Comment: navagio.sys is a new driver that I haven't seen before. It's an anti-cheat driver for PUBG (and maybe other games). Seems it's new, and already causing issues for people as most anti-cheat drivers do.

Possible Motherboard page: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B450M-MORTAR
You are using the latest stable BIOS available. There is a new BETA version but don't recommend updating to BETA versions unless there is a specific need to do so.

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
should get friend to use ethernet cable if he can, as its drivers are from this year.

the conversions are less clear than your actual post descriptions, although you could infer from victims what cause is
Nvidia share = used to take screenshots or stream to twitch
Discord - Internet chat.
Both could be the WIFI drivers

crash blaming system isn't so clear, but if cause of 2 out of 3 is LAN, it could be all of them.

coolz202

Reputable
May 6, 2017
should get friend to use ethernet cable if he can, as its drivers are from this year.

the conversions are less clear than your actual post descriptions, although you could infer from victims what cause is
Nvidia share = used to take screenshots or stream to twitch
Discord - Internet chat.
Both could be the WIFI drivers

crash blaming system isn't so clear, but if cause of 2 out of 3 is LAN, it could be all of them.

Do you think switching WiFi cards could do the trick?

TRENDING THREADS