Help!! CPU at 100º C

r_fabelacabrera

Prominent
Nov 4, 2017
I have a i7 7700k and is running at 100º C. Right Now im waiting for a Thermaltake Water 3.0 360mm but the cpu has been used at 100º C the last 2 weeks and i have no idea until i just install the Speccy and i saw the cpu running in all the games at 99- 100º C.
the damage is so serious? or it doesnt matter?

Solution
Yea and if you arenf getting errors. And evrythinf is working fine then you need to install a different cooler and see what ur temps are at. I could have screwed up somethjng while placing ur cpu on the mobo
What cooler do you have now, most should be fine for stock speeds so it sounds like its not working properly. It's not good to run any cpu that hot for long but CPU's do have a lot of thermal protection built in. Impossible to say for sure but I doubt you will see any long term issues.

WildCard999

Titan
No offense but while that isn't the best cooler there is absolutely no reason it's running that high unless you attempted to overclock and overvolted the CPU. I would think this would be covered under the business, bring it to them and make them fix it before possible damage to the CPU.

alessiorotondo

Prominent
Nov 4, 2017

I'm having the same issue. Same chip with Asus Maximus ix formula. Deepcool captain 360 ex. Been changing fan slots for days. Bios settings. CPU fan errors.comes and goes and PSU fan stops spinning. Over 5 mins in bios and temp hits 70 I shut her down. And my case electrocutes me. I think I fried my Pau. Or my board is going whack but leds are good and all fans spin. But I think I might have installed cpu wrong. On the back plate behind mobo when you put the 4 screw ls in to hold plate do u need to put like rubber stoppers or nuts? Or same question but when installing board onto the case?

r_fabelacabrera

Prominent
Nov 4, 2017

You think that? Im going to talk with the store tomorrow to see what happen and look for a solution, i was thinking about the temperature of my city that round the 27-29º

alessiorotondo

Prominent
Nov 4, 2017
Yea and if you arenf getting errors. And evrythinf is working fine then you need to install a different cooler and see what ur temps are at. I could have screwed up somethjng while placing ur cpu on the mobo

Solution

So take it to the store, it should not run this hot, they either did something wrong or something is faulty. Changing the CPU cooler yourself will most likely void your warranty and the warranty is the only benefit you get from someone else building your pc for you.

r_fabelacabrera

Prominent
Nov 4, 2017
I take the risk and open my PC, then remove the cooler then i find the problem. The guy who build the pc dont remove a plastic in the contact zone. now my CPU has already 75º and im waiting for the liquid cooler.

Thanks for all your feedback!!!!