[SOLVED] Help Deciding between 2 mid towers

frankie47

Distinguished
May 31, 2014
Hey folks. Hoping for some advice on what new case to purchase. I currently have a full tower corsair 750d that i purchased in 2018. The case is great but i feel it is just a bit dated looking and would like something a bit more modern looking. I have 2 cases i'm looking at but looking for some help deciding. The first one is the Corsair 5000x RGB - the other is the Fractal Design Torrent RGB - I must say i am leaning towards the Fractal purely for the fact it has had a great review from gamers nexus and i like the idea of getting 5 fans with it from the off, All be it at a bit of an extra cost compared to the 5000x. Some of my specs are as follows - Cpu amd 3700x currently have the new 5800x3d on pre order as my last hurrah for AM4. Gpu i recently sold my msi gaming x trio 3070 and just went for the x trio 3090. Psu 850 rmx corsair gold. Any help deciding would be much appreciated :)

Solution
Thanks for the speedy response my friend :) Yes i'm really liking the different look of the fractal has to be said , the only con for me really is pricepoint in uk 160 ish for 5000x but 240 ish for fractal rgb torrent but i undersatnd you get 5 fans included so can understand price difference. In terms of keeping brands all the same im not too fussed. I forgot to say my current ram is 16gb 3200mhz G skill rgb. As i say i can't fault the 750d or corsair as love their psu's. Just bummed the 750d dosn't even have a psu shroud as it's an older case. In terms of cooling. The 5800x3d dosn't come with cooler currently using stock ryzen rgb cooler so will be in shop window for a nice cpu cooler any recommendations on that also would be...

frankie47

Distinguished
May 31, 2014
If you're asking my opinion from a performance standpoint, I'd get the Fractal...since it's got immense airflow. If you want to keep your build with a consistency with brand, then you should keep it an all Corsair affair(provided you're getting rams and cooling to pair said build).
Thanks for the speedy response my friend :) Yes i'm really liking the different look of the fractal has to be said , the only con for me really is pricepoint in uk 160 ish for 5000x but 240 ish for fractal rgb torrent but i undersatnd you get 5 fans included so can understand price difference. In terms of keeping brands all the same im not too fussed. I forgot to say my current ram is 16gb 3200mhz G skill rgb. As i say i can't fault the 750d or corsair as love their psu's. Just bummed the 750d dosn't even have a psu shroud as it's an older case. In terms of cooling. The 5800x3d dosn't come with cooler currently using stock ryzen rgb cooler so will be in shop window for a nice cpu cooler any recommendations on that also would be fantastic :).
p.s i do like anything rgb :)

Thanks for the speedy response my friend :) Yes i'm really liking the different look of the fractal has to be said , the only con for me really is pricepoint in uk 160 ish for 5000x but 240 ish for fractal rgb torrent but i undersatnd you get 5 fans included so can understand price difference. In terms of keeping brands all the same im not too fussed. I forgot to say my current ram is 16gb 3200mhz G skill rgb. As i say i can't fault the 750d or corsair as love their psu's. Just bummed the 750d dosn't even have a psu shroud as it's an older case. In terms of cooling. The 5800x3d dosn't come with cooler currently using stock ryzen rgb cooler so will be in shop window for a nice cpu cooler any recommendations on that also would be fantastic :).
p.s i do like anything rgb :)
Agree with the Torrent suggestion. Its a great case.
As for the cooler, assuming that this is for gaming, it would be wise to go with a top of the line tower like the Noctua NH-D15 or Deepcool Assasin lll as those intense gaming loads can benefit from as much cooling as you can get.

Reactions: frankie47
Solution

frankie47

Distinguished
May 31, 2014
Agree with the Torrent suggestion. Its a great case.
As for the cooler, assuming that this is for gaming, it would be wise to go with a top of the line tower like the Noctua NH-D15 or Deepcool Assasin lll as those intense gaming loads can benefit from as much cooling as you can get.
Thanks for the info on cpu coolers and opinion on case - Im more than sure im going to go and order the fractal :)

Reactions: Hellfire13