Question Help. Deleted windows partition, formated, can't enter bios.

Jan 11, 2023
I've been having issues with my PC randomly shutting down. I tried to restore or reset and it would shutdown at about 75%. I have a windows 10 iso ready on flash drive so I tried it but before I could fresh install I was getting an error message that I wasn't able to on any of the partitions.

I deleted the windows partition and format the drive but was still unable to install.

Now the issue at hand is after not reformat on all drives I boot up to a 00xc0000225 error blue screen (because windows is now gone) and my keyboard won't work. I've tried all ports, got another usb keyboard and nothing. I cannot enter bios to fire up the iso and I'm at a loss.

The only thing I'm thinking is to try a ps/2 keyboard but I don't know of anyway to install drives without entering the bios. I have no idea what to do and it's very daunting. Please tell me there's a solution.

I have a windows 10 iso ready on flash drive so I tried it but before I could fresh install I was getting an error message that I wasn't able to on any of the partitions.

I deleted the windows partition and format the drive but was still unable to install.

"fresh install".

Do you mean clean install?

If so, that means to delete ALL existing partitions and to install Windows to 100% unallocated space, with no need to format anything.

Did you use Microsoft's Media Creation Tool to make an installer?

Not quite sure what you have done so far.

Jan 11, 2023
"fresh install".

Do you mean clean install?

If so, that means to delete ALL existing partitions and to install Windows to 100% unallocated space, with no need to format anything.

Did you use Microsoft's Media Creation Tool to make an installer?

Not quite sure what you have done so far.
Yes I used the media tool to create an install, clean install, that I can't get to because my keyboards aren't functioning. I've tried all ports.

your bios should support usb keyboard access on usb ports that are directly supported by the cpu. most often, it will be a port directly connected to the motherboard. add on ports like usb 3 ports might require a usb3 driver to be installed before they will work.

windows boot process involves accessing a small reserved partition. Sometimes it can be full or too small to put the files on. I think it should be maybe 500 MB in size.

bios firmware might also check for a drive signature before booting. sometimes you have to change the boot method to legacy to do the reinstall or remove the old signatures from the bios.

it can be hard to get into bios if you have a fast ssd and have fastboot enabled in bios. it has a short timing window and you have to hit the bios setup key over and over at the correct time to get in. (and your keyboard must be working (plug in to a usb 2 port))
disconnecting the drive should help in this case

Last edited:
Reactions: Grasabi
Jan 11, 2023
See that's the issue, all ports but two are labeled 3.0. one specifically is labeled 3.0 bios, and still won't register. The other two I'm assuming are 2.0, but same deal.

One keyboard is a razor, the other is a standard Dell.