Question [Resolved] HELP: Device Mgr showing two Video cards (High Load on one)

Jun 17, 2024
I recently built my dream PC, which I've had for just over a month now. However, I've started noticing some issues, particularly with my graphics card. Lately, the fans seem to be running at high speeds, and my AIO water cooler sounds like it's working overtime. Upon investigating, I found two graphics cards listed in my device manager: my GeForce RTX 4090 and an AMD Radeon card. Strangely, the AMD Radeon card shows 100% load when I monitor it through my AIO cooler (Deepcool).

I don't actually own an AMD Radeon card, but it appears in my system info and device manager. Could someone please help me reduce this load?

Here are my PC specs:

System: Microsoft Windows 11 Professional (x64) Build 22631.3737 (23H2)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090

Motherboard: GIGABYTE B650 GAMING X AX V2

RAM: G.Skill DDR5 SDRAM 16 GBytes (x2)

Storage Drive: CT4000P3PSSD8

Why am I showing two cards and why is the load 100% on the one?

I recently built my dream PC, which I've had for just over a month now. However, I've started noticing some issues, particularly with my graphics card. Lately, the fans seem to be running at high speeds, and my AIO water cooler sounds like it's working overtime. Upon investigating, I found two graphics cards listed in my device manager: my GeForce RTX 4090 and an AMD Radeon card. Strangely, the AMD Radeon card shows 100% load when I monitor it through my AIO cooler (Deepcool).

I don't actually own an AMD Radeon card, but it appears in my system info and device manager. Could someone please help me reduce this load?

Here are my PC specs:

System: Microsoft Windows 11 Professional (x64) Build 22631.3737 (23H2)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090

Motherboard: GIGABYTE B650 GAMING X AX V2

RAM: G.Skill DDR5 SDRAM 16 GBytes (x2)

Storage Drive: CT4000P3PSSD8

Why am I showing two cards and why is the load 100% on the one?
The Ryzen 7000 series all include an iGPU with 2CUs. That is why it is showing that you have 2 GPUs.

In terms of why the GPU is running at 100% that is more difficult to answer. I would check to make sure that the 4090 is listed as the primary graphics device in BIOS. Also make sure your monitor is plugged into the 4090 and not the motherboard.

Jun 17, 2024
Im so embarrassed (not really). I recently had to unplug my monitor to test another computer and when I plugged it back in... yup... I plugged it into the mother board - issue resolved - TY!

Issue resolved

Reactions: jeremyj_83