Question Help diagnose please

I built a new system for my son, need help diagnosing a problem.

Asrock B550m steel legend
R5 5600g
16gb 3200Mhz
Asus TUF 450W
500GB m.2 WD Blue

The system runs perfectly for hours and hours. No issues at all. The problem is when he powers down the system for the night. Doesn't matter if it's a full shut down or sleep mode, same thing happens.

When the system is shut down the motherboard has RGB that usually flashes and pulses. But every morning when he wakes up, the RGB is flickering rapidly and the system is completely unresponsive. Can not be turned on. Nothing happens at all when he hits the power on switch. In order to turn the system on, we have to switch the psu itself on and off about 10 times or so, and eventually the mobo RGB lights up and only then will the system turn on. Once it is on its runs all day with zero issues. Gaming, YouTube, whatever, no problem all day.

First suspect was the PSU. I swapped it out with a brand new cx650m. Same problem.

I am ordering a new motherboard today.

Just thought I'd put this out there to see if anyone has had this issue and knows something I'm not thinking of.

Cheers

I built a new system for my son, need help diagnosing a problem.

Asrock B550m steel legend
R5 5600g
16gb 3200Mhz
Asus TUF 450W
500GB m.2 WD Blue

The system runs perfectly for hours and hours. No issues at all. The problem is when he powers down the system for the night. Doesn't matter if it's a full shut down or sleep mode, same thing happens.

When the system is shut down the motherboard has RGB that usually flashes and pulses. But every morning when he wakes up, the RGB is flickering rapidly and the system is completely unresponsive. Can not be turned on. Nothing happens at all when he hits the power on switch. In order to turn the system on, we have to switch the psu itself on and off about 10 times or so, and eventually the mobo RGB lights up and only then will the system turn on. Once it is on its runs all day with zero issues. Gaming, YouTube, whatever, no problem all day.

First suspect was the PSU. I swapped it out with a brand new cx650m. Same problem.

I am ordering a new motherboard today.

Just thought I'd put this out there to see if anyone has had this issue and knows something I'm not thinking of.

Cheers
Free stuff....visit the mobo site and update the bios and mobo drivers if needed.

Cheap stuff.....replace the bios bat.

Reactions: jimthenagual