Question [Help] Download constantly having "Network Error"

Sep 8, 2020
Hi everyone,
I recently keep having this "Network Error" message everytime I downloading stuff, in Chrome even outside Chrome.
It's not just download, sometimes loading a webpage can be painful, it keep showing broken image icon and you gotta keep reloading the page until it finally shows. Even it finally shows up, there always some images were unloaded.

It happen even outside browsers, as in, "Network Error" when downloading update in Adobe CC Desktop app, or downloading game with Origin. So I assume it is not Chrome's fault.

I tried
  • Reset winsock
  • Reset DNS and all other stuff (flushdns)
  • Reinstall network driver
  • Download latest network driver
  • Disable HTTPS scanning on Avast antivirus
  • sfc /scannow
  • windows troubleshooter (absolute useless)
My spec
  • Core i5 6400
  • Nvidia GTX1050Ti 4GB
  • 16GB DDR4
  • Asus H110M-E M.2
  • Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
  • My USB Wifi : TPLink TL-WN727N
Error log of Adobe CC Desktop App
Code:
Exit Code: 113
-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------
- 3 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 0 warnings(s)

FATAL: Fatal Error '113' occurred while download
FATAL: Fatal Error '113' occurred while download
FATAL: Error occurred in download of package (Name: AdobeInDesignAppBase64-mul Version: 15.1.2.226). Error code: '113'
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any helps ? Thanks

Sep 8, 2020
Do you have any other devices on the network? How are they faring? Does changing from wireless to wired help?

Post your results from packetlosstest.com

I tested on my phone and other laptop, and it works fine.
I can't have wired connection cause my room layout kinda unstrategic for that

here's my result from packetlosstest.com (default)

hV7D96V.png

Sep 8, 2020
Gotcha.

Let's see if a linux live cd does any better. Boot one and run the same packetlosstest.com and post the results.
02eV4g3.png

I think it's still the same. I'm using Linux Mint.

And this is the one I tested on different devices, and everything seems to have 0% loss.
Could it be my TP Link USB Wifi ?
My phone (Android)
Dp80UyJ.png

My other laptop
Sr8qM8x.png

wifi router might be too far away, the connection mitgh be unstable due to compatibility issues between router and wifi adapter or could be a faulty USB wifi adapter

update the BIOS of your motherboard using ez-flash within the BIOS itself (don´t use windows to update it)
install the latest Intel ME driver

windows might update the wifi driver without you knowing it, check the driver version in the device manager of windows.

Which hardware version of the wifi stick are you using? Should be written on it on the back or the USB connector (V1, V3 or V4)

try a different USB port (USB2.0 should be preferred to avoid other compatibility problems)

try a different USB wifi adapter

Sep 8, 2020
Thank you for the additional info.

wifi is so fickle who knows what's causing it. Can you temporarily run an ethernet cable and plug it in to test wired? This will help narrow it down.

Alright so, I tried to use ethernet cable and I get 0% loss. Of course I couldn't use this for long time as my room layout was quite unstrategic. But I think it really does my USB Wifi's fault ?
Z3VZH48.png

Sep 8, 2020
Alright, so, I'm using ethernet cable now, and everything seems work fine. Downloads fine, without any "Network Error" so far.

wifi router might be too far away, the connection mitgh be unstable due to compatibility issues between router and wifi adapter or could be a faulty USB wifi adapter
My wifi literally just on my back of my seat. And yeah, I think it's my wifi adapter's fault.

update the BIOS of your motherboard using ez-flash within the BIOS itself (don´t use windows to update it)
install the latest Intel ME driver
My BIOS already the latest one available on the site.

Which hardware version of the wifi stick are you using? Should be written on it on the back or the USB connector (V1, V3 or V4)
It says V4.1

try a different USB port (USB2.0 should be preferred to avoid other compatibility problems)
I tried to plug it on USB 3.0 and USB 2.0, and both are same.

try a different USB wifi adapter
I only have this USB adapter, considering buying new one if that'd fix this issue.

Alright so, I tried to use ethernet cable and I get 0% loss. Of course I couldn't use this for long time as my room layout was quite unstrategic. But I think it really does my USB Wifi's fault ?
Z3VZH48.png
Thank you. This definitely narrows it down. Have you updated any drivers on the wifi network adapter recently? This is especially important if it was working before.

Do you have another wifi device you can run the packetlosstest with? This will also help narrow things down.

Sep 8, 2020
Thank you. This definitely narrows it down. Have you updated any drivers on the wifi network adapter recently? This is especially important if it was working before.

Do you have another wifi device you can run the packetlosstest with? This will also help narrow things down.

yes i'm using latest version of the driver.

No I only have one wifi device. I'll buy new wifi adapter and see it'll fix.

Thanks for the help !

Z3VZH48.png

USB WiFi's are notoriously bad in terms of reception and quality and are very picky about placement. Realtek WiFi USB's are notoriously bad. They often burn out over time.

if USB is your only option, try moving your current adapter to a front USB3.0 port that's near plastic. 5GHz is sensitive to any barriers like a computer inside a cabinet. 2.4GHz and 5GHz are sensitive to magnets, coils (like speaker voice coils/inductors), metal sources. Metal causes node cancelations from reflections. 2.4GHz is sensitive to microwaves.

If you HAVE to use USB, get a model from a reputable vendor like Netgear, or TPLink (ie: https://www.newegg.com/tp-link-tl-wn722n-usb-2-0/p/N82E16833704045?Description=USB WiFi&cm_re=USB_WiFi--33-704-045--Product&quicklink=true )

If you have a PCIe x4 slot available, this uses Intels AX200 chipset which is considered among the best. https://www.newegg.com/tp-link-arch...on=AX3000&cm_re=AX3000-_-33-704-507-_-Product

You can query Intel AX200 on Amazon or NewEgg and come up with any similar number of adapters. But I prefer separate antennas for best reception. Steel cases tend to mess with signal quality.

Sep 8, 2020
USB WiFi's are notoriously bad in terms of reception and quality and are very picky about placement. Realtek WiFi USB's are notoriously bad. They often burn out over time.

if USB is your only option, try moving your current adapter to a front USB3.0 port that's near plastic. 5GHz is sensitive to any barriers like a computer inside a cabinet. 2.4GHz and 5GHz are sensitive to magnets, coils (like speaker voice coils/inductors), metal sources. Metal causes node cancelations from reflections. 2.4GHz is sensitive to microwaves.

If you HAVE to use USB, get a model from a reputable vendor like Netgear, or TPLink (ie: https://www.newegg.com/tp-link-tl-wn722n-usb-2-0/p/N82E16833704045?Description=USB WiFi&cm_re=USB_WiFi--33-704-045--Product&quicklink=true )

If you have a PCIe x4 slot available, this uses Intels AX200 chipset which is considered among the best. https://www.newegg.com/tp-link-arch...on=AX3000&cm_re=AX3000-_-33-704-507-_-Product

You can query Intel AX200 on Amazon or NewEgg and come up with any similar number of adapters. But I prefer separate antennas for best reception. Steel cases tend to mess with signal quality.

I'm out of PCIe slot. USB is the only option. I'm considering to buy this one. (TP Link AC600)

51ZVyX96nzL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

or this one (TP Link Archer T2U Plus)
41NMfPHgI5L._AC_SL1000_.jpg

If it was working before, a new adapter may not be the fix. Have you tried rebooting the router?
Yep, I tried to reboot the router many times, and doesn't seem to fix the problem.

Sep 8, 2020
It's a little more expensive, but I would just use a a travel router if you have a built in wired ethernet:
https://www.tp-link.com/us/home-networking/wifi-router/tl-wr902ac/#specifications

This way, you can position this unit for optimal signal and then run a short wire to your built-in ethernet port.

Another option would be powerline adapters.

oh and by the way (I haven't change my wifi adapter yet), I get ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL error often in Chrome and Discord. Do you have any idea what that means ?

oh and by the way (I haven't change my wifi adapter yet), I get ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL error often in Chrome and Discord. Do you have any idea what that means ?

https://aboutssl.org/fix-google-chrome-error-err_ssl_protocol_error/

Before you buy a new adapter, use the wifi analyzer by VREM software (Android) https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vrem.wifianalyzer&hl=en_US

This will tell you if you have a weak router signal. A new USB adapter won't do you any good if your router signal is awful.

I cannot recommend powerline adpaters unless you are desperate. I get maybe 80mbps tops with those. MOCA adapters are a better option. MOCAs use the exisiting coax in the house. Coax cable handles the data bandwidth much better. They aren't subject to line electrical noise like Powerline adapters are. The data is laid overtop a frequency space typically used for UHF. As long as you don't have a UHF antenna in use, you should be fine.

Sep 8, 2020
https://aboutssl.org/fix-google-chrome-error-err_ssl_protocol_error/

Before you buy a new adapter, use the wifi analyzer by VREM software (Android) https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vrem.wifianalyzer&hl=en_US

This will tell you if you have a weak router signal. A new USB adapter won't do you any good if your router signal is awful.

I cannot recommend powerline adpaters unless you are desperate. I get maybe 80mbps tops with those. MOCA adapters are a better option. MOCAs use the exisiting coax in the house. Coax cable handles the data bandwidth much better. They aren't subject to line electrical noise like Powerline adapters are. The data is laid overtop a frequency space typically used for UHF. As long as you don't have a UHF antenna in use, you should be fine.

somehow I clear SSL certificate thru 'Internet Option' and I have 0 packet loss so far. I guess that somehow fixed it ?

EDIT : nevermind, still having Network Error

Last edited:
somehow I clear SSL certificate thru 'Internet Option' and I have 0 packet loss so far. I guess that somehow fixed it ?

EDIT : nevermind, still having Network Error

Clear out the cache entirely. Close IE. Reopen. It should go away. However if it doesn't try [Ctrl] + [F5] (Hard reload) If that doesn't work, there may be a cached look ahead at work. How you clear it depends if you are using the new Chromium version of edge, or the older Edge.

What sometimes happens if internet service providers will cache certain web pages from others so they may be delivered quicker to your house. It also saves them a bit on bandwidth. Parts of it however may remain uncached (ie: Like Amazon product pages). So you have a mixing of cachced and uncached pages. Then there is a certificate change which causes a mismatch on the pages. DNS servers not being properly updated can also cause this issue.

While moca does perform better, powerlines can work and be setup faster than moca and in more places since outlets are everywhere. Moca also requires that splitters, etc that may be hidden also pass moca signals so getting the wiring up to spec may be a lot more work than plugging in 2x powerline adapters even if the performance is much better. I too prefer moca when performance matters, but powerlines are a nice fit for when performance matters to a certain extent, but convenience and ease is paramount.

You said the wifi router is just behind your seat, can you just buy a super long ethernet cable and run it along the wall?

If not, I would second the idea of buying a router and using it in bridge mode. Asus routers do this just fine, it's what I did in my last apartment and it gives you much better antenna's and amplifier circuitry than any USB adapter can give you. It'll give you the most solid connection possible.

TRENDING THREADS