Help!!! DVD Problems!!!

greasEdego

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2001
Hi. I'm having some problems with my DVD drive...I think. The movies play and everything, but the audio and video is choppy and jerky. I thought maybe it was my video driver, so I downloaded the newest drivers that I could find for my card(3D Force B-32Plus, NVIDIA Riva TNT2 Model64...company is Jaton I think) but that didn't work. I don't know what to do. I then thought maybe it was the program I was using(Cyberlink PowerDVD) so I installed WinDVD2000 and it does the same thing. I did notice on the PowerDVD that if you went to the DVD information tab in the configuration, for "Video Accelerator" it said Not Detected. I don't know if that's normal or not. It's making me wonder if my card is being detected by the programs or not. All i know is that this is driving me crazy because all I want to do is watch some movies! Also, sometimes with the PowerDVD program I'll get some ASPI and ESCD error and have to run the ASPI executable file that comes with PowerDVD on the install CD. The DVD drive is a Raite RDR-108H 8X DVD drive. My audio is the VIA AC'97 Chipset...I think. I know it's not the DVD drive because I had it in my old duron 650mhz computer but got an athlon 1ghz machine and now it doesn't work!!! Somebody please help me!!! Thanks for your time!

James35

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
enable the dma under cd rom drive in dmanager or under the chipset if u have powerdvd 3 it does this for you thats why the choppiness