[SOLVED] Help! Everything about my pc is working fine but now my GPU is giving no display!

Jul 17, 2019
Hi, I just built a PC about 9 Months ago, and when a game crashed I had to turn my pc off at the wall. After that, my GPU would give no display. My GPU's fan is spinning fine. I have been trying things for about a week, and I have been using the terrible on board graphics with my CPU. Here's a list of the things I've tried -

1. Changing my main display from 'Auto' to 'PCIE' in my bios. (The changes in the bios for my GPU wouldn't save, but any other changes I made in my bios did save.)
  2. Replacing my CMOS battery. After replacing the CMOS battery there was still no change in the bios settings changes.
  3. Moving PCIE Slot
  4. Updating Graphics Card drivers. GeForce Experience would even let me update the drivers because it didn't detect a GeForce GPU (My GPU is GeForce)
  5. I tried updating my bios to the newest version.
I have not tried using my graphics card on another PC. It would be possible but very painful. I also have not tried using another PSU - I have another one that would certainly work but I didn't think that that would be necessary as my GPU does not have a 6pin to come from my PSU (It gets all of it's power from the PCIE slot)
I think it is a problem with recognising the GPU, and not with my bios. My gpu is simply not recognised by my machine. I can afford buying a new one but I can't find my recipt from the store I bought it from and I lost the box it came in when my house was flooded a few months ago, so getting a replacement will be tricky.

My Components:
ASUS Prime z370p
Galax 1050ti 4gb
Intel i5 8400k
TX650M Corsair (PSU)
16gb Ram (2x8)

Other Components that probably wont matter for this problem
A great cpu air cooler (I get no more than 40 degrees Celsius)
1tb Hard Drive
250gb SSD
5 Chassis Fans
Cougar Conquer Case

Last edited:
Solution
Ok I took my graphics card to the shop and they said that something was definitely wrong with the card and I should request a refund or replacment.

If you have the same problem just speak with a professional.
Jul 17, 2019
Ok I took my graphics card to the shop and they said that something was definitely wrong with the card and I should request a refund or replacment.

If you have the same problem just speak with a professional.

Solution