[Help] Extending wireless network with another router

hhha

Honorable
Apr 16, 2013
hi, i am trying to extend my wireless network
i have bought an edimax BR6428ns router,
i got long range network cable from the main router to the 2nd router.
when im connecting the cable its messing up the devices connected to the main router, causing them to receive a wrong ip address and default from the 2nd router DHCP server.

my question is on what mode should i configure the 2nd router and what ip adress to set for his DHCP server.

main router DHCP setting: 10.0.0.1-10.0.0.30 , default 10.0.0.138

2nd router mode options are:
- AP: Standard wireless AP (access point). 
- Station‐Infrastructure: This broadband router acts as both wireless communication client 
and server ‐ connects to another wireless access point as client, and serves other wireless 
clients as server. 
- AP Bridge‐Point to Point: Connect this router with another broadband router, to expand 
the scope of network.   
- AP Bridge‐Point to Multi‐Point: Connect this router with up to four other broadband 
routers, to expand the scope of network. 
- AP Bridge‐WDS: Connect this router with up to four WDS‐capable broadband routers, to 
expand the scope of network. 
- Universal Repeater: This broadband router will repeat other wireless access point’s signal 
to extend its wireless signal coverage, and also acts as a wireless access point to serve other 
wireless clients.

Solution
Since you have a cable run between them you can just set the new one in AP mode. Make sure to turn off DHCP on the second device.