Question HELP - EZ DEBUG LED ON CPU IS LIT BUT SYSTEMS BOOTS. IS MY CPU DYING?

Apr 3, 2022
Hi!
I've been having this problem for the past two days but I doubt that it's a CPU problem because my system is able to boot just fine. So what happens is when I boot my PC up, the EZ debug LED on my motherboard stays lit for about 5-8 seconds and after that, my PC would boot normally. The problem is that, this does not usually happen to my system. Is my CPU dying? or is a different hardware causing this issue like the RAM or the Power Supply? I'm not sure if my CPU is really the concern as I've read that MSI's CPU debug LED could sometimes mean a RAM Problem. I tried removing my CMOS battery but the problem still persists.

Thank to those who would help.

Motherboard: MSI B550m Mortar
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
RAM: G Skill Ripjaws 5 2x8GB
GPU: AMD RX 6600
PSU: MSI A650BN 80+Bronze

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If you're able to POST/boot, then go into BIOS and see what BIOS version you're working with at the time of writing. Which two slots are the rams populating on the motherboard? It could be the CPU's memory control then again it could also mean that the BIOS might be playing tricks with you(corrupt BIOS/BIOS chip). The latter might be remedied by reflashing the BIOS.

Apr 3, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If you're able to POST/boot, then go into BIOS and see what BIOS version you're working with at the time of writing. Which two slots are the rams populating on the motherboard? It could be the CPU's memory control then again it could also mean that the BIOS might be playing tricks with you(corrupt BIOS/BIOS chip). The latter might be remedied by reflashing the BIOS.

Hi! Thank you so much for your reply!

Yes, my computer is able to boot without any problems at all. My motherboard bios are updated to the latest version of the B550m Mortar motherboard from MSI which is "7C94v1A ". And my RAM is seated at DIMMA2 and DIMMB2 respectively.

But I forgot to mention that when I took my computer to the repair shop about 2 months ago, they gave me the advice to buy a new pair of RAM because my current RAM is going bad. But they also said that my RAM was still usable for the time being. Should I change my RAM first and see what happens before I update my bios?

TRENDING THREADS