Reputable
Jan 10, 2015
I have a Cooler Master 935 Stacker Case
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119290

This case doesn't come with a front fan , just 1 exhaust fan at the back

I also buy Hyper 212X Turbo for my CPU
my GPU is Gigabyte GTX 970
and my PSU's fan is facing down

Do i need a front fan ? or is that enough ?
i really hate to buy another stuff (fan) in my country, because it takes 1 hour from my home to go to the store.

Solution
I would recommend adding at least two fans - one in the front and one side fan to provide cool air intake, or two in the front. Among other reasons, like reducing manufacturer's costs, it only comes with one fan because it's intended to accomodate custom, user-installed cooling setups, including water-cooling. It's a relatively deep case at almost 23" - one fan at the front and one at the rear is going to struggle with moving air efficiently through the case.

Hendra Setiawan

Reputable
Jan 10, 2015

i think the 935 can handle 120mm fan
which product should i buy ?

and should i installed it in front of the hard drive or not ?

the store sell this
SP120 USD. 16.00

SP120 (Dual Pack = isi 2 pcs) USD. 25.00

SP120 PWM USD. 18.00

SP120 PWM (Dual Pack) USD. 28.00

SP120 LED Blue (Dual Pack) USD. 23.00

SP120 LED Red (Dual Pack) USD. 23.00

is this good ? which one should i buy ?

juanrdp

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012

The exaust fan will probaly be enought, just be sure to align the Hyper fans with the case fan to improve airflow and althought the PSU have a mesh to get air from below the case i would put the PSU facing up to get air from case and exaust outside to use negative preasure to get more fresh air (you will get a hotter PSU beacuse the air you use to cool it is hot air from the case but lower the Gpu temp because brings more fresh air inside the case due negative preasure).

Hendra Setiawan

Reputable
Jan 10, 2015

do you mean align with the case, like this picture ? ( i take it from google)

IMG_1994.jpg

but turn the PSU ?

what if i dont turn the PSU ? (so just like the picture)
is it bad? because i really dont know how
the guy who sold it to me , build it for me

I would recommend adding at least two fans - one in the front and one side fan to provide cool air intake, or two in the front. Among other reasons, like reducing manufacturer's costs, it only comes with one fan because it's intended to accomodate custom, user-installed cooling setups, including water-cooling. It's a relatively deep case at almost 23" - one fan at the front and one at the rear is going to struggle with moving air efficiently through the case.

Solution

Hendra Setiawan

Reputable
Jan 10, 2015

so sp120 quiet edition (dual pack) is good enough right ?
and i dont know how to install them (dont know anything about this stuff)

The fans you listed are good ones. Not sure whether it's a good buy, cost-wise, without some kind of comparison listing. If you can afford three of the SPs (any of the models you listed would be good), I would add two to the front as intake and one to the top/rear fan mount as an additional exhaust, and leave your PSU fan-down.

If adding only two, put one in the front and one in the side, both intakes. You can put both in front, but the front/side intake configuration usually works a little better.
You can flip the PSU to fan-up, but as Juanrdp suggests, but your PSU will run hotter which, because it adds to the overall case temp, and may defeat the purpose of flipping it. You also run the risk of dropping something through the fan grill, like a screw, which could cause bad things to happen.

What motherboard do you have? Just let us know how many fans you're going to add, and in what positions, and we'll walk you through the installation. It's pretty simple and just takes a few minutes - after you've done it once, you'll be able to install, remove or shift fans like a pro :)

Hendra Setiawan

Reputable
Jan 10, 2015

Ah Okay thank you
but i want to ask

if i dont buy the front fan at all (at least not now) and i want to test my highest temp
what software to test / load all of my component to the highest heat and monitor them ?

and what is the good / average temp for (full load)
CPU , CPU , HDD, SSD

What CPU and motherboard do you have?

For temp monitoring, you can use HWINFO64 or OCCT, or similar:
http://www.hwinfo.com/download.php
http://www.ocbase.com

For stress testing, OCCT, Prime95, AIDA64, or IntelBurnTest, will all work. OCCT would probably be a good choice for you as you can set it to stop the test at an arbitrary temp ceiling below the CPUs automatic threshold - basically you can set it to stop the test at, say, 90C rather than letting your CPU hit 100C+ and having it shut itself down. If you're at stock clocks and power settings you probably don't need to worry about frying your CPU on a stress test, but before doing any adjustments to power or speed settings, I would recommend doing some research first.

Hendra Setiawan

Reputable
Jan 10, 2015

i7 4790 (with hyper 212x turbo heatsink (placement is align with the case))
gigabyte gtx 970
psu fan facing down
exhaust fan at the back of the case

maybe i will tweak the gpu with msi afterburner