Question Help me find a 4k OLED monitor ?

Dreadbeard

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2012
Hey all! I’m upgrading to a new build soon, top of the range with either a i9 14th gen, or a 7950x3d and a 4090
Currently I’m at 1440p I’d like to upgrade to 4k with the new system
I’m hoping to find an oled 4k monitor can anyone give me any good links to some in the uk? I’d prefer 240hz but don’t mind lower, size of 27” or more,
I’d also like to know, do oled screens burn in fast? As I have sessions sometimes where I play for 4+ hours, and occasionally leave things running *normally the monitor will auto shut off after 4 hours*
Or should I stick with a regular monitor in 4k?
I am aware a 4k oled is likely to be very expensive, suggestions please and thank you :)

Last edited:
I’m hoping to find an oled 4k monitor can anyone give me any good links to some in the uk? I’d prefer 240hz but don’t mind lower, size of 27” or more,
Here's all the OLED monitors PC Part Picker has for the UK: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/products/monitor/#P=7,9&sort=price&r=384002160&page=1

I’d also like to know, do oled screens burn in fast? As I have sessions sometimes where I play for 4+ hours, and occasionally leave things running *normally the monitor will auto shut off after 4 hours*

Basically burn-in isn't something you need to worry about.

The only thing that might bug you with OLED monitors is a lot of them use triangular sub-pixel arrangements. This may reduce text clarity and show color fringing.

Dreadbeard

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2012
If you care about HDR, it's better if the panel is capable of higher brightness.

Or otherwise, it's useful if the monitor is going to be used in a really bright environment.
Interesting thank you, the only time my room is bright is if I have the curtains open, I tend to shut them when gaming due to screen glare

Dreadbeard

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2012
Will a 4k monitor be noticeably better looking than a 1440p? Will the oled really make colors pop nicely?
Will I still be able to play semi competitive games likes hunt showdown and war thunder on 4k or will it begin to make things harder to see?
Doing some research it would seem like at 4k most games would run around 70+ up to about 200, on an 4090
Will I be able to run most games including newer ones on ultra at 4k? Without being in the lower end of frame rate?

Last edited:
OLED should help you a lot with competitive games. You have minimal motion blur with OLED compared to an IPS panel.

The 4090 will give you good performance in esports titles. When you use DLSS, it should help you even more. I would not worry about performance if you are willing to use DLSS.