[SOLVED] Help finding a CPU cooler

• Thread starter Deleted member 2729451
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2729451

My CPU: AMD RYZEN 5 2600 6-Core 3.4 GHz (3.9 GHz Max Boost) Socket AM4 65W YD2600BBAFBOX

My Motherboard-(B450M Bazooka V2)

I dont really know how to pick out things to put on them can someone help me?

[No budget on it but keep it cheap if u can]

Solution
You'd need the appropriate backplate in order to use any cooler, so it does have to be compatible with the chipset socket. If you can't secure it to the motherboard correctly, then it shouldn't be used. You could consider something like:

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
Deepcool GAMMAXX 400

Which are both great coolers for the price.
D

Deleted member 2729451

Do you already have this CPU in front of you? Does the CPU you've got not already come with a Wraith cooler?

The CPU I got it cheap cause It didn't come with it Im looking for a idea on how to keep this cheap Cause I got it for a steal without the cooler I have A few that I can get really cheap but If I use other ones will I be ok If its not the right one to use for it?

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
If you are NOT going to overclock it the stock cooler will work fine so you won't need an aftermarket cooler.
If you plan on OCing it a decent aftermarket cooler will be needed.
I have an Arctic 33 eSports Edition (White) and my 4GHZ OC'd 2600 stays Very cool.
It idles at about 28-32C (depending on room temperature) and maxes out around 50-55C after 3 to 4 hours of gaming (while streaming at the same time to 1 or 2 TV's).
Arctic put out a newer version of my cooler, the Arctic 34 eSports DUO which comes with better fans so it should work even better than mine does.
https://www.arctic.ac/us_en/freezer-34-esports-duo.html

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
If you are NOT going to overclock it the stock cooler will work fine so you won't need an aftermarket cooler.
If you plan on OCing it a decent aftermarket cooler will be needed.
I have an Arctic 33 eSports Edition (White) and my 4GHZ OC'd 2600 stays Very cool.
It idles at about 28-32C (depending on room temperature) and maxes out around 50-55C after 3 to 4 hours of gaming (while streaming at the same time to 1 or 2 TV's).
Arctic put out a newer version of my cooler, the Arctic 34 eSports DUO ($39.99) which comes with better fans so it should work even better than mine does.
https://www.arctic.ac/us_en/freezer-34-esports-duo.html

PS
It looks a LOT better than all the other coolers in it's price/performance range IMO which is a bonus if you have a clear side panel.

Last edited:

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
You'd need the appropriate backplate in order to use any cooler, so it does have to be compatible with the chipset socket. If you can't secure it to the motherboard correctly, then it shouldn't be used. You could consider something like:

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
Deepcool GAMMAXX 400

Which are both great coolers for the price.

Last edited:
Solution
D

Deleted member 2729451

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
I would NOT recommend that super cheap Hyper T2 cooler (it's only a 2 pipe cooler) linked to above unless you absolutely can't afford a better cooler.
It probably isn't even as good as the stock AMD cooler.
The Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO and Deepcool GAMMAXX 400 are MUCH better coolers as is the Arctic 34 Duo (which are all 4 pipe coolers).

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I would NOT recommend that super cheap Hyper T2 cooler linked to above unless you absolutely can't afford a better cooler.
The Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO and Deepcool GAMMAXX 400 are MUCH better coolers as is the Arctic 34 Duo.
Didn't even notice the T2 link. It was put there by mistake which I have now edited out - it's why it wasn't part of my actual post and was just casually sitting at the bottom for no reason. Thanks for pointing out!

Reactions: DMAN999

TRENDING THREADS