Help finding an gpu upgrade

bauch1234

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2015
Hey guys I built my computer about a year ago and I'm wanting to upgrade my gpu I have 500 to spend and I don't care if its used what would be the best gpu to pair with a and fx-6300 black edition and will fit in a PCIe 2.0 x16 slot

Solution
I don't know what kind of PSU you have, but, for simplicity's sake, you could just throw down for a GTX 960. It's a great 1080p card that's energy efficient, and you won't have to worry about swapping drivers and that other nonsense. It's AMD equivalent is the R9 280, which requires more power, but is generally cheaper.

If you're willing to spend that much money, probably the best bang-for-your-buck right now is the R9 290; you can find some for $250. With an FX-6300, there will be some bottlenecking, though, and it requires a lot more power.

holyrage

Distinguished
can u wait for 2 months? and just get a R9 380X (which will also force nvidia to drop price on the GTX980 if amd doesn't screw up)

and Broadwell will be out (2 chips both unlocked an I5 and an I7)

get a GPU + CPU Upgrade which is better coz u have 500 usd to spend the switch to intel will cost around 330-350 USD for a good motherboard + an i5

once u switch to an I5 u can get any GPU u want without worrying about bottlnecking

the amd card should land price between the 980 and 970 hell they might even sell it for cheaper if they really want to screw with nvidia

I don't know what kind of PSU you have, but, for simplicity's sake, you could just throw down for a GTX 960. It's a great 1080p card that's energy efficient, and you won't have to worry about swapping drivers and that other nonsense. It's AMD equivalent is the R9 280, which requires more power, but is generally cheaper.

If you're willing to spend that much money, probably the best bang-for-your-buck right now is the R9 290; you can find some for $250. With an FX-6300, there will be some bottlenecking, though, and it requires a lot more power.

Solution