Question Help finding this connector

timot.mo

Commendable
Feb 27, 2019
Short story:

Hi, so I'm looking for this 8 pin EPS +12 volt power cable to plug into my seasonic PSU to use as a power supply for my eGPU.

Long story:

The 400w PSU that came with my BizonBox died and they want $49 for a replacement, which is fine but shipping is almost 30 dollars for this tiny little thing. Insane. So I thought maybe I could grab a psu I had on hand and jump start it, but I don't have this connector in my back of seasonic cables.

400W Power Supply for BizonBOX 2S, BizonBOX 3 (replacement part)

Apparently the 8 pin EPS was an older 12 volt cpu cable but I don't know much more than that.

I'm not sure if it's a good idea to do this but thought it was worth a try over spending 80 dollars for such a basic PSU that's probably worth no more than 20 bucks.

Thanks for any help on this!

p.jpeg

That is a proprietary PSU, a standard ATX PSU doesn't come that specific 8-pin power connector.
Dell and Lenovo use similar 8-pin power PSU.
There are adapters (24-Pin to 8-Pin Adapter Cable) to convert a 24-Pin standard ATX to 8-Pin proprietary connector.

The issue you may encounter is that not always the 8-pin arrangement is the same and you might burn the PSU or motherboard or both.

Last edited:

timot.mo

Commendable
Feb 27, 2019
Thanks for the reply, but didn't the 8 pin EPS power cable exist on some PSU when they were more widely used?

24 pin to 8 seems a bit overkill, I just recently found a 4 to 8 pin adapter online was more worried that it wasn't going to privide enough power to the GPU.

If you have to use an adapter, I would use the 24 bin motherboard adapter. Not sure what you mean by overkill, it just means that the pins not needed for your motherboard won't be used, ignore the adapter size. And of course the warning as above stands, things can go bad when using adapters for power supplies, bad manufacturing, etc.. and you have a dead PSU and/or motherboard.

timot.mo

Commendable
Feb 27, 2019
I just meant overkill in the sense that I had to use the bulky 24 pin connector but if that's the case would I still be able to jump start the PSU from the 24 pin?

I'm starting to be swayed into just forking out the money to buy their PSU now. Such a rip off though but that's what it means to be a captive to a proprietary product I suppose.