Question Help for how to install NVME

I just looked at the manual and I think it is mentioned on page 20?

Is this the right board?

https://download.gigabyte.com/FileL...230213.pdf?v=9393f411e75723b880e3a207217bd660

Section 7 about the M2P_ SB.

Follow the steps below to correctly install an M.2 SSD in the M.2 connector.Step 1:Locate the proper mounting hole for the M.2 SSD to be installed and then install the mounting clip first.Step 2:Slide the M.2 SSD into the connector at an angle.Step 3:press the M.2 SSD down and then secure it by pressing the clip pin into the mounting hole.

Maybe you are missing some parts?? The "clip pin"? The "mounting clip"?

Reactions: Xavier Bouttier

Xavier Bouttier

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2013
I just looked at the manual and I think it is mentioned on page 20?

Is this the right board?

https://download.gigabyte.com/FileL...230213.pdf?v=9393f411e75723b880e3a207217bd660

Section 7 about the M2P_ SB.

Follow the steps below to correctly install an M.2 SSD in the M.2 connector.Step 1:Locate the proper mounting hole for the M.2 SSD to be installed and then install the mounting clip first.Step 2:Slide the M.2 SSD into the connector at an angle.Step 3:press the M.2 SSD down and then secure it by pressing the clip pin into the mounting hole.

Maybe you are missing some parts?? The "clip pin"? The "mounting clip"?

I actually read that and it doesnt apply to this board..

I actually figured it out for anyone having the same issue! That little plastic latch, you pull on it UPWARDS.. and a half an inch insert will slide out from the plastic thing. Insert the NVME like you would any other NVME at a 45 degree angle, and then press it down till it 'sits' on the bottom plastic part, and re-insert the plastic insert into the hole and secure the NVME down with that.. Its like those sport drink bottle caps that dont completely come off and hang on the side.

I'm completely unfamiliar with sport drink bottle caps. Completely.

I may get a Gigabyte board, so wish I could understand your description if I face that problem.

Not sure what this means:

"That little plastic latch, you pull on it UPWARDS.. and a half an inch insert will slide out".

Looking at your picture......exactly what do you pull UP? Wedge a fingernail under that horizontal section right next to that curved quarter-pipe section? I'd be afraid of snapping something like you were.

Motherboard documentation remains an issue after 40 years.

Xavier Bouttier

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2013
I'm completely unfamiliar with sport drink bottle caps. Completely.

I may get a Gigabyte board, so wish I could understand your description if I face that problem.

Not sure what this means:

"That little plastic latch, you pull on it UPWARDS.. and a half an inch insert will slide out".

Looking at your picture......exactly what do you pull UP? Wedge a fingernail under that horizontal section right next to that curved quarter-pipe section? I'd be afraid of snapping something like you were.

Motherboard documentation remains an issue after 40 years.

I dont know how else to explain it man.. Its the stand-off bit for the M.2 drive, not the insert. It's like a little plastic cylinder, which is in 2 parts, the top part slides out. I managed to slide it out by grabbing the little handle it has.. it bends a bit, and pulling vertically, and the thing slid out completely, you then install the NVME like you would any other, press it down onto the stand-off (and the little half-moon notch that it has fits perfectly) and you slide the 'male' plastic thing back into the female bit of the plastic stand-off.